Gary Bowyer confirms no Wednesday interest in Best

Guest wilyfox

Why would people be happy that we're not pursing a 15 goal a season striker?

Perhaps because he's never been one.

Guest Big Guns

why...if he was 'lined up' we would have been in contact wouldn't we?

Believe me it was a done deal bowyers talking poo poo

don't quite know who people expect us to sign . I know many are holding out for this 'takeover' but I think its time people wise up and realise the players we sign (sorry loan in) this year are not going to be any better than best

I suspect you want him because he's a name, not because of his ability. He wasn't that good for us, doesn't have a great scoring record, is injury prone and wants big wages. no thanks

Edited by theflyingowl

I suspect you want him because he's a name, not because of his ability. He wasn't that good for us, doesn't have a great scoring record, is injury prone and wants big wages. no thanks

He never really said he wanted him, just that the players we actually sign are unlikely to be any better, which is true.

Best would be a solid addition to our squad, the only stumbling block would be wages and if he were to command a big salary then yes we'd be better off looking elsewhere, but in terms of his ability, we really aren't going to bring in much better.

Offer me a realistic alternative and I for one don't expect us paying a lot for players even if and when the takeover goes through

This. I'm not sure who people want us to sign? People go on about hungry young players and 20 goal a season strikers but don't name anyone. Get's on my moobs.

This. I'm not sure who people want us to sign? People go on about hungry young players and 20 goal a season strikers but don't name anyone. Get's on my moobs.

I could name people like agard, baldock, deeney etc. but the point is they've been picked up and moulded into prolific strikers...I don't think best has more than 10 goals in him which is not much better than what we have.

I'd rather we signed a couple of younger players for the same wages and a quality loan signing

Best or Nuhiu?

Best or Madine?

Best or Lavery?

Exactly. As things stand Best would walk into our starting 11. He scored 5 in 15 for us and if he could replicate that form over a 46 game season then we can't really complain.

Exactly. As things stand Best would walk into our starting 11. He scored 5 in 15 for us and if he could replicate that form over a 46 game season then we can't really complain.

he's never scored more than 10 in a season, is that really much better than what we've got?