Sheffield Wednesday and Ipswich prepare move for Tottenham defender

Sheffield Wednesday and Ipswich prepare move for Tottenham defender

BY SAM ROURKE â‹… JULY 23, 2014 â‹… POST A COMMENT

Sheffield Wednesday and Ipswich Town are preparing a move for Tottenham defender Ryan Fredericks, according to FLW sources.

3740525052-300x212.jpg

Fredericks was on loan at Millwall last season

The 21-year-old defender has been at the North London club since 2008, however has failed to make a single appearance for the club.

In 2012, Fredericks joined Brentford on-loan and amassed four appearances for the Bee’s, however he was recalled shortly after joining by Spurs.

Fredericks joined Millwall last season on loan in January and accumulated 14 appearances, also scoring one goal for Ian Holloways side.

The Tottenham youngster has also made one appearance for the England under-19 side in 2011.

Both Sheffield Wednesday and Ipswich are eager to add more depth to their defence and are targeting a move for Fredericks, in a bid bolster their backline before the new season.

http://footballleagueworld.co.uk/sheffield-wednesday-and-ipswich-prepare-move-for-tottenham-defender/?

Guest Big Guns

great im really excited by this potential signing 

the fifa brigade will be along shortly to tell us how brilliant he is

Guest justcraig

He's a right back though so nothing to do with Mattock. Right back is a strong position for us so he isn't really needed, although he is a good player.

Mattock is used regularly as a RB if and when Buxton is out, both KL and LP want to play CM and personally I think they'll both prosper there, so a good young RB would be a welcome addition, especially for nowt!

I'll be honest, I've never heard of the guy.

Never seen him linked with us.

If he's a right back it seems odd, Palmer's got that nailed down and we've Buxton as back-up.

Apologies to the pope and his crew.

Mattock is used regularly as a RB if and when Buxton is out, both KL and LP want to play CM and personally I think they'll both prosper there, so a good young RB would be a welcome addition, especially for nowt!

I would still say we don't need a right back. Although as you say Palmer and lee are better in CM, I think they can offer us enough cover at RB if Buxton gets injured. Palmer was excellent last season at RB when Buxton was injured and I think Gray seems to like him there. There are obviously other positions (CB, CM, ST) that we need to improve before we even consider another RB.

Guest justcraig

I would still say we don't need a right back. Although as you say Palmer and lee are better in CM, I think they can offer us enough cover at RB if Buxton gets injured. Palmer was excellent last season at RB when Buxton was injured and I think Gray seems to like him there. There are obviously other positions (CB, CM, ST) that we need to improve before we even consider another RB.

Yes but he also has nice hair and is quite pretty!

Fishing? Buxton as back up.

I think Palmer will be pushing for a starting birth in CM.

Not fishing.

Palmer is hands down our best right back, don't dislike Buxton but he will struggle to get a game this season.

If we do run short of cover in CM then moving Palmer there and playing Buxton is the way to go but Palmer is made to play at right back and should'nt be played as a regular midfielder.