Free Away Travel

I understood it as they where told they had to set aside 200k rather than receiving it from the league,

no reason whatsoever why we can't do this

we don't have premier league money would be the first reason... but hopefully that will change

I understood it as they where told they had to set aside 200k rather than receiving it from the league,

no reason whatsoever why we can't do this

Give over.

200k to Stoke is peanuts anyway. Brilliant gesture definitely but they have significant income to be able to do this.

Would still go by my own means even if we did it.

Give over.

200k to Stoke is peanuts anyway. Brilliant gesture definitely but they have significant income to be able to do this.

Would still go by my own means even if we did it.

It's not really a brilliant gesture. The 200k is only a response to customer complaints about away fans being screwed. If fair prices were charged the gesture wouldn't be needed, but that would set them back more than £200k.

It's not really a brilliant gesture. The 200k is only a response to customer complaints about away fans being screwed. If fair prices were charged the gesture wouldn't be needed, but that would set them back more than £200k.

They still don't have to do it.

19 games free is very good.

How many other teams do it then?

No idea.

All prem teams (I assume) spend the £200k one way or another. As the other article says, not everyone can benefit from free or cheap coach travel. Stoke have opted for this way to spend their money. Whatever way they spend it, £200k is not at lot in the scheme of things at PL level, and the away fan experience would be much better enhanced if the HOME team just set lower prices for visiting fans in the first place.