Waddle trending on Twitter

It's not about ignoring money - it's more about trying to wring every last farthing out of a deal.

Players in other countries aren't paupers but the emphasis over here is too often money and celebrity

Absolutely. I am not privy to exactly what goes on at professional clubs but I strongly suspect that players do not expect nor are expected to invest as much of their time in improving themselves as players, be it technique, fitness, diet, lifestyle, tactical awareness, as their counterparts in some other countries.

The biggest overhaul in English football should start at grassroots level.Its sad listening to wanabee Mourinho,s on a Sunday morning barking out instructions to 6 & 7 year old players.They are not allowed to develop through trying to express themselves because losing every week is not what parents & coaches want.I have witnessed this for the last 13 years through my own involvement.The FA do nothing to help the kids game all they do is fine the clubs for making mistakes on match cards or not having respect barriers up so taking away the money that can be used for training equipment & facilities.They should do away with competitive football until the players are 14 or 15 years old so no medals or trophies to sit on managers mantel pieces.Reward the players for sportsmanship & coaches for the way they coach the game.It should be about enjoyment & development for them all.

Will be all change again for next tournament with the likes of Johnson, Gerrard, Cahill all well past their sell by date.

Cahill's still only 28. Thought he's been our only defender worthy of the name to be fair.

Edited by Dagmeister

It's not about ignoring money - it's more about trying to wring every last farthing out of a deal.

Players in other countries aren't paupers but the emphasis over here is too often money and celebrity

They are relative paupers to what they would get if they moved. The main difference is they have to work harder to get noticed by the richer foreign clubs.

Our kids play 4 decent games and get whopping contracts.

I think Rooney on 300k / week  plus club ambassador plus captain proves your point Scram

They are relative paupers to what they would get if they moved. The main difference is they have to work harder to get noticed by the richer foreign clubs.

Our kids play 4 decent games and get whopping contracts.

are you saying they could earn more abroad? Genuine question BTW

I was talking to a bloke today who's nephew is at Swindons academy. He was saying that every year the lower league clubs academy is inundated with players released from premier league academies. Who have been released due to the increase if foreign youngsters being brought on at junior level by the big clubs.

Now in theory this should give smaller clubs a better chance of picking up a few gems. However due to recourses, the kids aren't getting the right conditioning or training to achieve their potential.

I think it's a shame really

Too many England players think they are better than they are. They won't accept that at World Cup level you have to play as a team, for the team. If Costa Rica can get out of the group with their limited resources why can't we? How many of their players would get in the England team? Good organisation and hard graft.

We will never have a decent national side while we dance to the Sky sports samba, Gregg Dyke needs to grow some balls and try to limit the amount of foreign players in each team. 

Waddle is right about picking a team to win games, for instance Milner could have played in front of Baines in the Italy game and that would have sorted most of their threat out . ( and i am not Milners biggest fan but he can do that job )

We will never have a decent national side while we dance to the Sky sports samba, Gregg Dyke needs to grow some balls and try to limit the amount of foreign players in each team.

Waddle is right about picking a team to win games, for instance Milner could have played in front of Baines in the Italy game and that would have sorted most of their threat out . ( and i am not Milners biggest fan but he can do that job )

Waddle wanted Barkley in the first team instead of Henderson for the first match.

He spouts rubbish all the time.

Because now he is saying we should have been more defensive.

Hindsight Harry!!

He changes his opinion daily.

He is saying we should be more defensive in the right areas and more creative in midfield . 

Talks sense to me because that is exactly why we are out of the world cup after 2 games with teams doing exactly that to us . 

He is saying we should be more defensive in the right areas and more creative in midfield .

Talks sense to me because that is exactly why we are out of the world cup after 2 games with teams doing exactly that to us .

Ha ha ha genius from waddle again then. Be more creative going forward and more defensive in defence. Can't for the life of me understand why he failed so miserably at Burnley with innovative thinking like that.

No, the opposite. I'm saying our players don't need to move at all, on a whole foreign players do. Both for status and financial reasons.

in that case I agree with you 100%