Waddle trending on Twitter

Waddle wasn't saying anything like this before the tournament.

Give the young ones a chance, we need more creativity etc etc. Now he's saying build from the back. 

Who's he want us to pick instead?

Add him to the list of Hindsight Hero's!!!

Best team performance I've seen yet from anyone at the World Cup has to be Chile against Brazil. They worked tirelessly for each other and not for themselves.

England seemed a little disjointed last night. Funnily enough I think Johnson, Baines, Henderson and Rooney had better games than against Italy. Jagielka looked a weaker link last night and I'm not just saying that because of his old Blunts connections. Cahill was my MOM and it may have made sense to have brought his Chelsea partener Terry along who know each others game.

All hindsight now.

I agreee with this 100% Jagielka is an avergae PL player he is not an England international player and i agree JT should have been the one playing with Cahill but looking at what other options we have in that position...its worrying really!!

The top and bottom of it is we lack flair, creativity and passion!! Passion alone is worth more that individual ability. When you look at Chilie and Mexico in there last two games it proves that having world class individual names/players inst everything. Wanting to play for your country and your team mates and playing with pride is a good start IMO

The top and bottom of it is we lack flair, creativity and passion!! Passion alone is worth more that individual ability. When you look at Chilie and Mexico in there last two games it proves that having world class individual names/players inst everything. Wanting to play for your country and your team mates and playing with pride is a good start IMO

I could not agree less.

It's the old we've lost so the players don't care line. This next line probably sums up the average Wednesday/England fan.

Passion alone is worth more that individual ability. 

Total B*ll*cks

Guest Fedor

We needed an organiser at the back. The full backs seemed reluctant to put crosses in. Baines always passed it back when in a position to cross and Johnson always wants to cut in onto his left foot for some reason. Henderson and Gerrard played on each others toes. It's time we realised Rooney is not World class. We accomodated Wellbeck for some reason, sorry but he's not a wide player especially at this level. Sturridge came out of it with some credit but we missed the likes of Townsend and Oxlade Chamberlain.

.Why aren't our Boys playing abroad and getting experience in other leagues? Loads of foreigners come to the premier league and add to the whole spectacle, why don't English players ever go to play abroad and learn the game from another perspective? The coaching is much better in Europe and other parts of the world, are the riches too much to stay in England, so the hunger isn't their to learn there trade in another country? 

.Why aren't our Boys playing abroad and getting experience in other leagues? Loads of foreigners come to the premier league and add to the whole spectacle, why don't English players ever go to play abroad and learn the game from another perspective? The coaching is much better in Europe and other parts of the world, are the riches too much to stay in England, so the hunger isn't their to learn there trade in another country? 

Clubs abroad aren't stupid. They can have their own players for much less money. They have better coaching set ups so have absolutely no need to 'buy' players from over here as it would be akin to burning money.

Plus the fact that we are still stuck in medieval times, and we still select players at Under 11's based on the following criteria;

1. He's a big lad - Centre half

2. He's small and nippy - Winger

3. He's a gobshite and can tackle, absolutely no ball control -  Captain

4. He's popular with his friends but can't play for dog5hit, but his dad has a 7-seater Volvo estate for away matches - Goalkeeper

5. He's got a lot of girlfriends - Centre forward

6. Pacy but no first touch, good at academic work - Full Back

Edited by F. Spiksley

I don't think the failure of this world cup is soley down to the players.

For me Hodgson takes alot of the blame.

How does he set his side up?

We don't defend as a team, we don't attack as a team.

We don't even press the ball and close the space down. Anyone see Chile against Spain? Chile were superb for 90mins. On paper do any of their players get into the Spain side? No. But they have a system and a style of play and all the players carry out the job the manager asks of them. They press all over the pitch and counter attack.

Watching the game last night we had a back 4 all over the place, 3 quick lads upfront who were playing like headless chickins, Rooney trying to be jack of all trades and Gerrard and Henderson in the middle of the park not protecting the defence and not supporting the front players.

I think this is down the way Hodgson wants us to play. Which is what? I can't answer that. I would say its a back 4, 4 upfront and 2 in the middle being asked to chase 4 midfield players and cover out wide.

The Liverpool v Chelsea game comes to mind. One team were solid and organised and counter attacked. The other team had all the possesion but no clear cut chances. Who won?

I do think we have the talent and some very good players in some areas and lack in others. But until we get a manager with a specific system and style and pick  the best players to carry it out even if it means someone sitting on the bench. Hodgson is not that manager.

Who is?

I don't think there is an Englishman to do it.

Roberto Martinez for me!

I agreee with this 100% Jagielka is an avergae PL player he is not an England international player and i agree JT should have been the one playing with Cahill but looking at what other options we have in that position...its worrying really!!

:laugh:

It's just not passion is it though.

It's their manager setting them up and telling them to close down all over the park and press the ball.

Do that for 90mins and thats the 'Passion' everyone wants to see!

It's not passion, it's work rate. Distinctly lacking for me last night. The pretty stuff that looked promising against Italy, was missing partly because we weren't afforded time, which is exactly the opposite of how we've played.

People are looking at Chile as the way in which England should be playing, yes they play with unbelievable passion but they are technically superior to our lot and quite frankly based on the showing so far, better at football.

We don't produce enough technical and intelligent footballers

I would hate to think what our combined first XI wage bill is compared to the likes of Chile and Uruguay

Why go abroad when the money is just as good if not better here?

Our players would be wanted by most clubs in Europe, even Tom Ince, the most over hyped footballer to grace the earth was wanted by Inter and he turned them down.

Why go abroad when the money is just as good if not better here?

Our players would be wanted by most clubs in Europe, even Tom Ince, the most over hyped footballer to grace the earth was wanted by Inter and he turned them down.

It's also to do with our culture

Young players very often want celebrity and status - agents try to leach every last penny for every player - some academy players demand eyewatering sums to sign professional

Too few think about a career structure - it's all about the £'s

Many foreign counterparts look at football as an educational journey and they immerse themselves in the game and want to experience different styles and cultures

Most British players think they've made it when they have their first million rather than when they've completed 100 premier league games or got 50 caps for eg

Its been clear from the very beginning that we have a very weak defence but that if you give our winger/strikers a bit of space to play they will cause problems.

Uruguay simply stopped the latter from happening and prevented us from gaining any momentum before picking off our sub-standard defenders.

Edited by Bluesteel

It's also to do with our culture

Young players very often want celebrity and status - agents try to leach every last penny for every player - some academy players demand eyewatering sums to sign professional

Too few think about a career structure - it's all about the £'s

Many foreign counterparts look at football as an educational journey and they immerse themselves in the game and want to experience different styles and cultures

Most British players think they've made it when they have their first million rather than when they've completed 100 premier league games or got 50 caps for eg

I agree, but it will take a special person to ignore the money for the sake of career structure.

I agree, but it will take a special person to ignore the money for the sake of career structure.

It's not about ignoring money - it's more about trying to wring every last farthing out of a deal.

Players in other countries aren't paupers but the emphasis over here is too often money and celebrity

You have it................John Terry would have organized the back 4 and given his all.    The second goal against Italy was joke defending by the central defenders who were all over the place and Johnson......well, what can you say about him other than he is not international standard.