Chris Waddle

Chill out.  After the absolute shower of depressing football under depressing managers we've had over the last five years, if you can't get excited about a dodgy billionaire who's just guided Lens to promotion chucking loads of money at Wednesday and brining in Chris Waddle as manager, then why are you into football? 

Waddle would be more of a Head Coach than a manager...... 

I don't get the negative reactions.

As i said else where When he "Managed" burnley, i had a mate who was a season ticket holder at the time. 

He said the style of football was far beyond the players they had and was awsome to watch.

they just didn't have enough good players to implement Waddles style.

Hes hardly failed anywhere. 

Waddle has applied for the SWFC managers job every time its come up apparently.

Still very famous across europe. Would be a huge draw for players as well. 

He has told me this personally a few years ago. Applied every time the job came up!

Guest slattsowl

Recently been coaching at the University of Sheffield, I should know because I do that job as well he obviously has the playing experience and knows quite a bit but I wouldn't say he is an amazing coach just well respected by the lads and will get people to listen to him.

Would be good to have him in director of football, scouting role, or something similar. He speaks French doesn't he, could assist with the Lens connection.

Struggles with English, much of the time.

Would be good to have him in director of football, scouting role, or something similar. He speaks French doesn't he, could assist with the Lens connection.

The new owner doesn't speak French.

I watched a Youtube video of him walking into the Lens dressing room and addressing the players in..... ENGLISH.

Was emailing one of those journo's in france that know mammadov.

He says mammadov likes the 'celebrity' manager hence the reason waddle's name was bandied about.

He doesnt know how this rumour started but may have just been because of his links to france/wednesday.

Guest oz_owl

Interesting article about Waddle's time as manager at Burnley:

http://thetwounfortunates.com/paying-the-pelanty-waddles-nightmare-year-at-burnley/

Waddle would, at the very least, be a huge gamble as a first appointment after just spending 50m to buy the club.  Surely you'd either want to keep the current management team in place or bring someone in with experience.

Edited by oz_owl