Realistic Wish lists

So if you can sign the following positions (realistic players on a MM budget £0-£350k) who would you go for?

GK - Luke Steele
CB - Rodger Johnson
CM - Hutchinson
ST - Andy Keogh
W - Treacey/Eagles

2 young loan stars

Lopes (Man City)

Lingard (Man Utd)

I'd be very surprised if we paid any money for anyone this summer. People need to realise that nothing has changed. Milan is closer now to selling up than he's ever been, so his transfer policy isn't going to change now.

Edited by vulva

Guest LEGEND

Ebanks-Blake (Free Agent)

Vaz Te (Out of contract)

Kieron Westwood (Out of contract) Maybe get him on less wage than Kirkland?

Boyata (Out on contract at Man City, always rated him, maybe abit unrealistic but worth a shot)

Matty Fryatt (Out of contract)

Cowie (Out on contract)

Also.....isn't Chris Brunt out of contract? I know that's a real long shot, but ya know.

Wouldn't surprise me if news of a takeover/investment started to creep out next week...

followed by a cut back in spending whilst its in its "final stages" followed by withdrawal just before the transfer window closes :)

Anyhow back on topic of realistic "wishes"

That only happens when its ST renewal time ................. oh hang on 

Think you'll find the vast majority of people renewing their ST have already done it.  As I've said before on here, anyone who thinks anybody buys a ST based on what the chairman says, must be simple.

Edited by Sham67

Guest james.taylor1982

So if you can sign the following positions (realistic players on a MM budget £0-£350k) who would you go for?

GK - Luke Steele

CB - Rodger Johnson

CM - Hutchinson

ST - Andy Keogh

W - Treacey/Eagles

2 young loan stars

Lopes (Man City)

Lingard (Man Utd)

Steele - no better than what we have got.

R Johnson - High wages, wrong side of 30 and same problem as our current defence, No pace

Hutchinson - be a gamble with injuries but I do like that lad, be a quality signing if he stayed fit

Keogh - poo

Treacy/Eagles - be steady signings but both are far from impressing at the min to make them attractive signings.

Going to be an interesting summer for us, I just hope SG and MM do the business I don't think I can handle another poor season.

We'd benefit massively from someone like Treacy. A player that offers guaranteed quality from set pieces and 4/5 quality crosses a game. Generally speaking those players don't need to hit the byline to be effective so you can keep a good shape as well.

Luke Steele would be good cover for Kirkland, the way Bywater was.

We need defenders who can stay fit and play 40+ games a season.

Then some one who can boss/bully midfield.

Then some one who can actually cross a ball and lastly a forward, or two, with real pace.

So we have to release 13 players? and replace them with 7 oe 8 better players, hopefully before we start pre-season.

Then some one who can actually cross a ball and lastly a forward, or two, with real pace.

So we have to release 13 players? and replace them with 7 oe 8 better players, hopefully before we start pre-season.

This 100%. Think it's obvious to everyone just depends how deep Milans pockets are. It's easy for us to see what needs doing but to remedy it is a different matter.

Both the chairman, and the manager, have said it will only be five or six

Also apologies if some of these players have signed a contract extension and aren't available but here's a list of targets I'd go for. Obviously not all of them as budget wouldn't allow but I think we need 3 defenders, 2 centre mids, 1 maybe 2 wingers and 2 strikers. I genuinely think that's what we need with the players who will be released and the lack of quality we have in certain areas. The problem is I think we will bring in 6 max but I think we need 8.

All I believe are realistic. Some may stretch the wage bull bit it's dependent if we want to spend a little and be more ambitious. All players are either frees or loans too.

Defenders :

Dedryck Boyata - small wages at city, young quality centre half

Sean St Ledger - good solid centre back

Richard Stearman - not sure how realistic this is, been offered a new deal at wolves. Good centre back who can play across back 4

Sam Hutchinson - doesnt need explaining, his versatility is a huge bonus too

Elliot Ward - solid championship centre back

Reece Wabara - available on a free (released by man city), just 22 years old and can across the back 4. Think he should be a priority

Midfield :

Jacob Mellis - improvement on what we have, still just 23 too,

Diego Poyet - out of contract, good young prospect from Charlton (not sure how realistic this one is tbh)

Gary Gardner - wasn't fit when with us on loan. Offers something different to what we have n terms of getting goals from centre midfield. Would work well in a 4-5-1 formation I believe

Marc Pugh - played pretty much every game in a good Bournemouth side this season. Chips in with goals and assists and an improvement on what we have

Keith Treacy - we all know about him, good delivery which seems to be lacking from majority of our wide players

Strikers :

Federico Macheda - scores plenty of goals, big improvement on what we have

Ricardo Vaz Te - knocked em in for Barnsley and west ham for fun in the championship, has barely played a game this season though, howeed should make him more attainable

Matty Fryatt - wages may be a stumbling block, apparently Hull have offered him a new deal. Kind of player we should be aiming for if we want to push on though.

Here are some players I sold like to see us go for on a season long loan. Sme more realistic than others :

Josh McEachran, Nathaniel Chalobah, Lucas Piazon, Andre Wisdom, John Guidetti, Nick Powell, Ryan Tunnicliffe, Billy Sharp, Nicky Maynard, Patrick Bamford, Jesse Lingard, Tom Carroll, Marcos Lopes

It's quite unlikely but this is the kind of team I'd like to see us line up with next season. With the players released and the wage demands of the players I think we should be going for its not a completely unrealistic line up.

Kirkland

Palmer Boyata Hutchinson Wabara/mattock

Antonio/Maghoma Lee Chalobah/Carroll (loan) Maguire

Vaz Te Guidetti/Bamford (loan)

Bench: Martinez, Buxton, Loovens, Gardner, Mellis, Antonio/Maghoma, Macheda

For a 4-5-1 away form home I'd go :

Kirkland

Palmer Boyata Hutchinson Wabara/mattock

Lee Chalobah/Carroll (loan) Gardner

Vaz Te Maguire

Guidetti/Bamford (loan)

Slate away...... lol