Apology to the academy

After yesterday's post I deleted I think it's only fair that after finding out information I issue an apology to the swfc academy.

The initial disappointment of the coaching levels were from over 2 years ago and a lot has been worked on and a lot of staff changes have taken place since then. My next point was a lack of follow up in recent weeks from the club after a game v young owls! I have been informed the club did do this through the proper channels of contacting his junior club. I didn't realise that no approach could be made direct without consent of the club so again I appologise.

It wasn't my intention to bad mouth the club I support or the academy that is working hard to put things right. I was just a disappointed fan and parent who had felt had a couple of bad experiences one from along time ago and one unfounded.

I did not realise this forum was so powerful and could cause so much upset and would like to give my sincere appologise to anybody who feels misrepresented or unfairly labeled. I as much as anybody hopes the academy continues it's hardwork and progress.

He'd trained at weds 2 years ago and didn't enjoy it (fair play changes have been made since then) and trains at utd now and loves it!

My recent grievance was that after re-scouting him they hadn't followed up the interest with anything. I've since been informed that it was followed up but through the junior club as that's the FA guidelines.

So as explained to me my post seemed like a personal attack on the new regime when

Incident 1 was from the last regime and incident 2 has been a misunderstanding.

I said I would apologise for this hence my post.

Guest AbbeyOwl

He'd trained at weds 2 years ago and didn't enjoy it (fair play changes have been made since then) and trains at utd now and loves it!

My recent grievance was that after re-scouting him they hadn't followed up the interest with anything. I've since been informed that it was followed up but through the junior club as that's the FA guidelines.

So as explained to me my post seemed like a personal attack on the new regime when

You let your lad train with the Pigs, you should be up for child cruelty  :biggrin:

Why didn't your lad's junior club tell you about the approach though?

Guest Big Guns

I think you should apologise to us too your original post was misleading