Kirkland

That's brilliant news tbf.

I was half expecting a lower end Premier League club to come and take a look at him.

I doubt it, unless they want a keeper who doesn't command his area or has dodgy kicking.

I like Kirkland, good shot stopper and good character, but this second half of the season he's been nowhere near his best.

Been poor recently

He started the season off so well, and got even better after he got dropped for Martinez.

I agree though that he's recently been awful at times, especially his positioning for free kicks & his distribution.

Hopefully he's learnt from his positioning errors considering it's happened twice now.

Distribution wise I'm hoping it's down to the injury he had a month or so back, wasn't it his calf?

With the summer off resting, a full preseason under his belt again & a more settled defence in front of him we'll see the Kirkland of old again, rather than the nervy one we've had for the past few weeks.

so you didn't go to Bournemouth

I assume he was talking more about the likes of Leicester and Blackburn, where it's difficult to deny Kirkland got beat by a couple of very soft looking goals and didn't have particularly good games

Everybody's entitled to those of course and he's had many more good games than bad for us, but I think Kirkland struggles to get across/down as quickly as he used to and his kicking is often a bit poor, which almost definitely stems from his past troubles with injury

Still one of the best in this division, but at this stage of his career, this division is certainly where he belongs.

Apart from the 4 that he missed last month through injury?

Still, given the fears over his injury record when we signed him, his time with us so far has been a fantastic success.

Oops.  :blush:

I'm at that stage of life where I get to the top of the stairs and then wonder why the hell I went up there in the first place.

Oops.  :blush:

I'm at that stage of life where I get to the top of the stairs and then wonder why the hell I went up there in the first place.

You probably had the idea that it would be good to get some exercise.  :biggrin:

Oops. :blush:

This doesn't sound so bad until you hear he lives in a bungalow

If a player doesn't like an agent why have one in the first place? Most agents put themselves first and the player second its all about chasing the big bucks. Its in the agents interest if the player moves which is ridiculous if the player wishes to stay such as what Kirkland has stated. I hope he stays because  he has had far more good games this season than bad ones and we need to establish a settled side for a promotion push next year.

2 year contract should see us right. Wouldn't mind doing another loan deal for young Martinez whilst Dawson goes out and gets more experience.

I agree that dawson should go out on loan (league 2 would be realistic) but unless we could eventually sign martinez for peanuts I would say jameson should make the step-up, it's make or break for him now, he's been on loan at a league 1 club and he's well into his twenties, we need to see some progress from him otherwise we might as well ship him out to some conference side permanently.

As for Kirkland, it is good news but it would be nice if he dropped his wage demands based on recent performances (won't happen tho). Its great to have stability and hopefully with a full summer of traning he'll be right back to the kirkland of old.

Guest Fedor

dint people want us to sell him & sign martinez?

also dint people also want him dropped for bywater last season because he's a good 'talker'

You're not wrong. It's the Owlstalk flock, one says it and the rest follow.