An Amazing Matchday Experience (except the result)

Guest Mancunian_Owl

Guest Mancunian_Owl

For those that don't know me, I live in Manchester and get to about a dozen home games a season with my daughter to watch SWFC play. I also coach two girls footballs teams here in Manchester, and this weekend I had arranged for the two squads to spend the day at S6.

We came across with about 20 girls, most have only been to the Emptyhad or Theatre of Screams therefore it was an introduction to a proper old school stadium to most of them. They had a tour of stadium (got to see Miguel Llerra's kecks), a two hour training session at Middlewood, met a bunch of players before the game, visited the Hillsborough Memorial and were the guard of Honour in the centre circle before the game which included the great honour of holding the Lee Rigby Flag in the centre circle.

Now I know a lot is said about how SWFC is run, but as someone who deals with Manchester City and Manchester Utd (plus a couple of other Manchester sides) the way SWFC looked after both teams and the experience they gave the girls was fantastic. Compared to the support grass roots clubs get from the big clubs here, SWFC were amazing. Together with the tribute to Lee Rigby, little Harry the Mascot and the tribute to Johnny Eales, it was a proud day to be a SWFC fan. We left Hillsborough with hopefully a few converted to the blue and white clause, and a good number wanting to play for SWFC ladies in the future.

I was thoroughly proud to be an SWFC Supporter, a club that seems to actually care about fans and how it is perceived by the outside world.

If only Antonio had not played that backpass!  :biggrin:

Edited by Mancunian_Owl

Guest Mancunian_Owl

I have been to Hillsborough since I was a kid, its a shame more clubs don't do what SWFC do with their training camps etc. 

The three coaches who came with, all supported different teams and had tried to do things with their clubs and had never had any luck at all. I put one email in and got a great response, all the other coaches were amazed at how much SWFC actually did with the players (visiting the dressing rooms, training sessions at Middlewood, getting on the pitch).

Actually passed you guys at Charlie Browns on Herries Road at 10 am while I was out on my Bike. It must have been a long day for you all.

I used to live in Audenshaw (7 years) and often bumped into other Owls. There is quite a few in Manc, hopefully you will help swell the numbers.

Glad you all enjoyed the day!

Guest Mancunian_Owl

Actually passed you guys at Charlie Browns on Herries Road at 10 am while I was out on my Bike. It must have been a long day for you all.

I used to live in Audenshaw (7 years) and often bumped into other Owls. There is quite a few in Manc, hopefully you will help swell the numbers.

Glad you all enjoyed the day!

Yeah trying to drag the tribe 100 yards up the road, long day but massively worthwhile.

Need to setup a SWFC academy in Manchester, if only to wind up the idiot City and United fans.