Hull to offer Fryatt a new deal

Guest Sheff Owl

Fryatt would be silly to sign a new deal, he will always be behind Long and Jelavic, added to that there is Sagbo and Aluko.

Really a cross road season for Fryatt.

At 28 does he hold out at Hull and extend his contract in the hope that one of the 1st choice strikers gets injured so he gets his chance in the top league, or does he opt for 1st team football in the Championship.

Should imagine there will be a long queue of clubs making him offers from our tier.

If he can force his way into the team then it might tempt him, however at 28 years old i would hope he wants to play regular football and IMO he'll never get that while Hull are in the Prem.

Football is a short enough career as it is and you don't want to look back at it as being a bit part league cup player with the occasional appearance off the bench.

We've shown him what SWFC have to offer and given him a glimpse of what it could be like if he joined - He could be a fans favourite here playing and scoring regularly.

Up to you, Matty.

Just a thought but while everybody is patting Steve Bruce on the back for the brilliant double capture of Long and Jelavic for 11 million, Hull have scored 12 league goals in 2014. Maybe he's realised that all Shane Long does is runs about a lot and thinks Fryatt may have a bigger part to play in future.

Link please

http://m.sheffieldtelegraph.co.uk/sport/sheffield-wednesday/sheffield-wednesday-will-be-on-promotion-trail-next-season-mandaric-1-6552030

"Mandaric also declares that former loan hero Matty Fryatt WILL be among the club’s top transfer targets this summer - while pledging to reduce a reliance on loans."

Ok, not word for word. I love MM, leave me alone!

Hull will be looking to devlop a bigger squad to sustain the european challenge they're hoping they'll get.

Fryatt will never be a first 11 player for them anymore, but he'll be more than capable of taking on the likes of leicester, burnley along with cup runs etc.

He could even rack up 20 starts and up to 40 games in total with appearances from the bench.

It depends how desperate he'll be for first team football, whether he feels there is still a point to prove and whether he wants to push on.

Personally I don't think he'll take the offer from Hull. I mentioned before that his Mrs didn't like Hull (I know... who does?) according to some interviews and he wants to live more towards the midlands. They'll only offer him a short term deal too, so we'll also have that in our favour... that is, if we were to bother offering a contract worth anything

Edited by POWP

Guest Big Guns

We should have offered 500k for him in jan when they were willing to sell

Remember the no it alls saying that wud be daft cos we will get him for nowt in the summer

That plan is flawed