Gray to Wigan as no 2

But he's not our "manager" is he ? He's our "head coach" (as such) and therefore could be well wary of Milan and his DoF stalking horse...

OK, so other than job title please tell us what the difference is between SWFC manager as was and the current role of SWFC head coach.

Guest sotonowl

OK, so other than job title please tell us what the difference is between SWFC manager as was and the current role of SWFC head coach.

You can't have 2 managers but you can have a manager and a head coach

if our manager left us to join a tinpot egg chasing  loving little club like that then it would be time to lock the gates up and call it a day

But they are not tinpot. They are the current FA Cup holders (til someone else wins it) with more dosh than we can dream of.

And they are not 'egg-chasing loving'.  Quite the contrary.   They are trying to establish football in a rugby stronghold. And doing a decent job of it.

I would say they could take SG tomorrow if they wanted him. I hope they don't want him.

He didn't have the potential threat of a DoF coming in.. Wether agreed or not, the "Director" tag will possibly out trump a head coach at some point...

But have to say Tink's probably has the better reason - ££££££'s !

Personally I'd rather Gray stayed loyal (and think he will).

Guest Big Guns

But they are not tinpot. They are the current FA Cup holders (til someone else wins it) with more dosh than we can dream of.

And they are not 'egg-chasing loving'.  Quite the contrary.   They are trying to establish football in a rugby stronghold. And doing a decent job of it.

I would say they could take SG tomorrow if they wanted him. I hope they don't want him.

it shows how poo poo the fa cup is these days when egg chaser  lovers  can win it 

i wont be sad if he moves on,too many sloppy results/perfomances of late,plus there are a few decent managers out of work just now,ie mckay,houghton,and that chap who was at united.

*gets coat*

Are you honestly saying that Hughton and McKay are better than Gray or are you kidding? 

I think on the face of it, this seems highly unlikely. However, the article went to say that there is uncertainty regards Gray's long term future due to takeover interest. That to me seems to perhaps make the paper talk rumour more plausible than Gray just walking out to go to Wigan to be assistant, when he is already head honcho at Hillsborough.

Ahhh the end of season soap opera.  My favourite episode on Reality Street.

BFR - 'i would never leave this club of my own accord'

*Doug Ellis waves a big wad of money*

(Quick chauffeur driven limo down to Birmingham)

BFR- 'I love Aston Villa, and the fans'

From a full time manager to an assistant at the club were their fan base is terrible and no hope of ever been massively invested to grow. Doubt it

Wigan have FAR better prospects than we do as it stands. And have done for many a year.

Wigan have FAR better prospects than we do as it stands. And have done for many a year.

Oi!  You Two!  Out!  There's no room for non-knee-jerk, well thought responses such as yours on this forum.

E wil knot go as we iz mazzzzziiiiiiiiiiiiiiiive!   etc

Not without the fan base they don't. I accept on the field theyr'e prospects are way in advance of ours however today its all about money and investment and you can only attract that if the investors see potential. Who is gonna invest loads of money in a club with minimal support? It beggars belief why we have not been taken over yet when you look at our support and the potential taking into account the passion and birth of the game in the City.  

Not without the fan base they don't. I accept on the field theyr'e prospects are way in advance of ours however today its all about money and investment and you can only attract that if the investors see potential. Who is gonna invest loads of money in a club with minimal support? It beggars belief why we have not been taken over yet when you look at our support and the potential taking into account the passion and birth of the game in the City.

Don't be soft and look through rose tinted specs. Fan base is nothing for many teams.

The smaller fan base team that survived against the huge finances of the prem won the fa cup against the odds got to the semi again and have a good chance of going up this season.

All that against £15/£20 tickets even when in the prem. If you don't think they have better prospects than us as it stands I'd think again.

After all - where's our 'fanbase' got us since 2000???

Don't be soft and look through rose tinted specs. Fan base is nothing for many teams.

The smaller fan base team that survived against the huge finances of the prem won the fa cup against the odds got to the semi again and have a good chance of going up this season.

All that against £15/£20 tickets even when in the prem. If you don't think they have better prospects than us as it stands I'd think again.

After all - where's our 'fanbase' got us since 2000???

I can't disagree with you about the teams performance and actually pointed that out in my original post. The point is for long term survival in the PL you have to have the support and finance. A great example of this over the years was Wimbledon who against all odds reached the top. They were very successful albeit for a relatively short period of time as they did not have the support or investment to challenge on a long term basis. Wigan will probably go up this year as they are a very good side and have a great manager but I guarantee in the next couple of years they will come back down. as they do not have backing to sustain themselves at that level.