Was Antonio on holiday today?

Guest Sheff Owl

Guest JonTheOwl66

Antonio is brilliant at attacking but the laziest player on the pitch when it comes to defending

No he int

Guest Sheff Owl

I am a huge Antonio fan so don;t get me wrong this is not something that i take lightly.

I was just so shocked today, we know how good he can be but he just seemed so different like he was thinking of holidays, everything he tried to do today just went wrong.

I do agree i think Gray could have handled it much better and bringing JJ on was just stupidity, i would have rather have seen Lavery or at a push Afobe.

I'm sure Antonio is very disappointed but i'm also sure he will bounce back, just a shame really to see such a poor performance.

Real pity.

he can be such a good player for us, and an outlet for pace.

Look how he was handled by Leicester & Blackburn - they just HAD to foul him.

But when he loses the ball I just wish he would show aggression  / annoyance, and make a good effort to get it back, rather than dropping his head and wanting to crawl into a hole. 

Antonio was fantastic at Bournemouth on Friday, maybe it was one game too many in a short space of time.

He was one of many who didn't perform today.

Maybe Afobe should have been given a run out.

He wasn't really fantastic was he. He made the same kind of mistakes same poor control and decision making. We won tho so there's a big difference in opinion then.

Nowhere near as poor as a performance today but also nowhere near fantastic.

Guest Blinking owl

Was awesome Friday. ....probably caught up with him ...human beings and all that....sometimes you're legs don't want to do whatever the brain tells em ....had it myself when playing years ago. ...frustrating for yourself believe me. ...just fatigue. ...

Antonio needed replacing by ANYONE. He was absolute Shiite today and we've seen it before! no effort, no commitment, no emotional investment in the team. I'd have two Chris maguires over him any day of the week. Get shut. I'm serious. He does not have the look of a player invested in the team/his team mates. That was Bothroyd-esque.

Played well until gifting them possession for their goal. Took a lot of grief off coke Lee and a few others for not playing it simple and lost his head and stopped playing his natural game.

My thoughts.

I thought taking him off just before HT was strange.

I think we missed him second half.

Massive error by gray taking him off like that for JJ, when Lavery is sat there.

Compounded by the palmer injury and moving Lee (the best CM) to right back, and pushing helan in midfield. It would have been better to get Mattock in at RB and keep everything else the same.

Is SG getting a bit arrogant?

Antonio was good for the first 10 mins then his head seem to drop, after his error that led to their second it just finished him off, looked lazy and all the rest but the way SG subbed him I only assumed it was because of injury, later when he said it was tactical I couldn't believe what I was hearing, sorry stu but that was bang out of order and fkin poor managment for me, JJ came on and didn't do any better, SG must take some of the blame today once again bizarre substitutions against Charlton.

Having said that the players didn't do themselves any favours either,how many mistakes, mis placed passes, over hit balls and the way we're leaking goals is alarming, yes we have injuries but we also have replacements that can still do a job to an extent.

Another game against Charlton we can forget about due to a dismal display.

Concerned, if we can't get Loovens and Gooch nailed down then god knows. 

We've let in 19 goals in 6 games fk me!

Protection of the player. Singling out one player for criticism would have been suicidal.

But taking him off  and replacing him JJ with a minute to go before the break was tactical ? ermm ok george.

Gray fukd up with that one for me.

But taking him off and replacing him JJ with a minute to go before the break was tactical ? ermm ok george.

Gray fukd up with that one for me.

Not at all, Gray was clearly lying. He was unhappy with Antonio and took him off.

Publicly saying that though wouldn't have benefitted anyone.