Leon Best

Guest JonTheOwl66

Just seen the highlights of the game and thought the same.

I reckon we should go for him permanently in the summer. He's scored some very good goals for us so far. And reckon we could persuade him to give us a go.

Just a matter of a fee... How long left on his contract?

Guest zico sterland

Better than what we have , would take him but think the cost involve would be out of our price range.

Guest JonTheOwl66

It's not a question of a fee, Blackburn would give him away to get him off their wage bill.  He has two more years of a 4 year deal to run, on a reported £35k a week.

And you know this how....?

He signed a 4 year contract when he left Newcastle in July 2012, that means he has 2 years left on his contract as it is now 2014.  It was reported at the time that his salary was £35k a week.

It is my opinion that Blackburn would give him away, he doesn't appear to be in their plans.

Guest wilyfox

2yrs left to run on a lucrative contract, and a 3mil investment made by Blackburn. I like him, but really don't think he's within our grasp; I also think Fryatt is a better finisher.

I wouldn't be against signing him.

But I highly doubt it will be on a permanent contract. He's supposedly on a big, lengthy contract at Blackburn, who have invested a large amount of money in him since signing him.

Best would probably not be too keen on wiping off a lot of what he's owed by the Blackburn (his contract) too.

From our point of view, i don't think he's worth investing as heavily as it would probably cost to bring him here permanently.

Season long loan maybe a possibility, with us playing a decent chunk of his wage. As I highly doubt Blackburn will find someone at this level willing to take over/pay up his contract.

Edited by BRADDAZ

Guest UpTheOwlsss

He's decent and wouldn't mind signing him although wouldn't strike me as an amazing signing

Probably get about 11-14 in a full season

Guest JonTheOwl66

He's decent and wouldn't mind signing him although wouldn't strike me as an amazing signing

Probably get about 11-14 in a full season

lol

If Best is 'decent' then what on earth is Nuhiu? Christ.

Guest Matt Lee

Sunderland were going to let Leeds have Wickham for 2 million when he went on loan, maybe after we've let all the dead wood go... Wickham and fryatt anyone? ;)