Atdhe Nuihu

Guest UpTheOwlsss

Strong finish to the season for him.

Could have easily been in double figures already with the disallowed goal v brum, the effort which apparently went over the line v QPR & maybe Charlton.

Must have hit the post 4/5 times.

10-12 goals would be a good return for him next season.

Edited by richowl

I always thought newhu would be a good player for us. And I'm expecting more next season.

I will eat humble pie regarding Antonio though.

He's been terrific the last few games. Appears he's another one of SG's transformed players

from the grim reaper days

Our record when Nuhiu starts games is VERY good.

It's no coincidence.

Worth looking into this actually; our average point yield for league games not started by Nuhiu is 1.05 (22 points from 21 games), and for games started by Nuhiu it's 1.41 (31 points from 22 games).

That seems like a quite a significant difference. For the 43 games we've played it's perhaps the difference between being sat on about 61 points in 10th place with a chance (albeit unlikely) of making the play-offs, or being on only 45 points in 17th still at risk of being relegated.

congrats big adthe

I said it months ago on a thread and people were saying get shut in summer, bet they don't half feel daft

well done lad

I bet they don't ...because for all his purple patch is welcome let's be honest....law of averages says if you play up front every week you're bound to score now and again

But he still can't run...he's not just slow, he can't run...and that's not acceptable for a professional footballer

His biggest fans continually point out that he tries hard....that's his biggest attribute which says it all really

And when he tries to hold it up, has he ever been told that you don't have to chest it every time.....he can use any part of his body except his arms yet his only option is to chest it.....that slows everything down....which really sums him up....slow....too slow for the championship

I bet they don't ...because for all his purple patch is welcome let's be honest....law of averages says if you play up front every week you're bound to score now and again

But he still can't run...he's not just slow, he can't run...and that's not acceptable for a professional footballer

His biggest fans continually point out that he tries hard....that's his biggest attribute which says it all really

And when he tries to hold it up, has he ever been told that you don't have to chest it every time.....he can use any part of his body except his arms yet his only option is to chest it.....that slows everything down....which really sums him up....slow....too slow for the championship

All of the above is the biggest load of bollockss I've ever seen on Owlstalk.

You're either blind or don't go to games. 

Ian doesn't  like Nuhiu.... no point debating with him.

If anyone think's people who rate Nuhiu is just because he works hard, then they're not worth debating with.

Clearly offers so much more than just running around a bit.

But anyone with eyes could spot that.

Guest UpTheOwlsss

Well look at the points with and without him starting

Shows doesn't it?

And he's started like 24 and bench rest so it's not the like stats are based on dodgy bias findings to try and prove a point

He's good in the air(just because he doesn't win every header doesn't mean he's 'crap'' very intelligent,skilful,unselfish

Lets be honest David nugent now has 19 league goals and how many are penalties? 7 ish?and he's missed 1 or 2

If nuihu had taken 9 Pens I'm confident he could score 6

Add 7+6 you have 13? + woodwork hit a few times and poor ref decisions eg brum he could have a decent tally

There are strikers who play up front regularly who score less and contribute less than nuhiu.

Guest JonTheOwl66

Bang on. Agree with every word.

The facts are, he's scored a couple of very good goals and a few tap-ins. He's worked hard for the team and ran himself into the ground.

But he just int good enough.

The chances he's missed are absolutely criminal. Literally no excuses. Some of them have been that bad I've had my head in my hands at games.

Not fast enough, not strong enough, his touch is dodgy AF.

Best has scored pretty much the same number as him in about half the games.

Promotion chasing teams score goals, and lots of them. They tend to have a couple of top goalscorers in their ranks.

Nuhiu isn't one, and if we have serious aspirations about pushing on he shouldn't be close to starting any games for us next year.

I know it'll seem I'm just picking on the guy, but he really is not good enough. For me, a striker needs to offer more than running about and scoring a couple of goals. Its why I didn't rate Lita either.

Wickham showed the standard our strikers should aspire to.

Guest Big Guns

As soon as I find it online I'll post it...it was a sweet finish.

He made it onto soccer AMs best championship goals this morning

Bang on. Agree with every word.

The facts are, he's scored a couple of very good goals and a few tap-ins. He's worked hard for the team and ran himself into the ground.

But he just int good enough.

The chances he's missed are absolutely criminal. Literally no excuses. Some of them have been that bad I've had my head in my hands at games.

Not fast enough, not strong enough, his touch is dodgy AF.

Best has scored pretty much the same number as him in about half the games.

Promotion chasing teams score goals, and lots of them. They tend to have a couple of top goalscorers in their ranks.

Nuhiu isn't one, and if we have serious aspirations about pushing on he shouldn't be close to starting any games for us next year.

I know it'll seem I'm just picking on the guy, but he really is not good enough. For me, a striker needs to offer more than running about and scoring a couple of goals. Its why I didn't rate Lita either.

Wickham showed the standard our strikers should aspire to.

Sunderland paid something like £8m for Wickham. We signed Nuihu for free. 

Guest JonTheOwl66

Sunderland paid something like £8m for Wickham. We signed Nuihu for free.

Yes. And I said that that is the standard our strikers should aspire to.