Looking forward to playing Charlton now

No I think they will know they played badly and will want to prove something

Hope so mate.

I have this feeling they will come up for a 0-0 draw and park the bus from the kick off.

Their last game of the season ironically is away to Blackpool, could be a a decider as to who goes down.

On another day Charlton would look at a trip to a side with nothing to play for as a great chance at getting 3 points but their antics against us the last two or three seasons IMO are really going to bite them on the ar$e.

I honestly can see us smashing them for at least 6. Also every time we score the scorer should celebrate by swinging on the crossbar. Never have I been so confident before a game. Only drawback is that Chris Powell won't be on the touchline to see it.

A thread worth coming back to comment on.

There is a saying that what goes around, comes around.

I can't help but think back to their scabby win at Hillsborough during our League 1 campaign. If it wasn't enough that we'd be done by the one decent thing they'd managed all game, I then had to endure them walking up to Middlewood tram stop after the game, giving it the big un, gobs flapping, laughing at Wednesday, and coming out with general comments to the effect of how fantastic they were, and how rubbish we were (cos they were having a half decent season in League 1).

Fans of this little tin pot club putting Wednesday down I ask you. Then they came on here giving it the big un. Then again after they'd fluked another undeserved victory in the cup, as Gray managed to surrender the tie before we'd even kicked off.

They also kept rubbing it in how they managed to sign players Wednesday were after suggesting they wanted to go to a bigger club lol

Quite frankly, Charlton are now amongst the clubs I hate most.

I really hope we can smash them to pieces, 5 or 6 nil, and do our bit to send the useless set of loud mouthed, no marks, back to oblivion, to wallow in the lower reaches of the Football League, for at least the next 15 years. Then let's see if they can come out of what we've had to endure, with a similar level of fantastic support we maintained throughout.

I doubt it.

Charlton Athletic, tinpot for life.

Good riddance and enjoy League 1 again next season.

In fact p155 off.

Quality rant +1 for theowlsman

Guest The Horse

We will lose.

Fact of life, when we really, really really want Wednesday to win, we bottle it. It's the Wednesday way.

Sorry, but that's the Pigs - not us.

91 Cup final - we turned up.

93 Semi - we turned up.

Play off final - we turned up.

Promotion v Wycombe - we turned up.

When it really matters, we do the business.

As much as we'd all like revenge, it's all about not risking injuries to key players and trying something new for the last few games.

Still confident we'll win though.

Guest Sheff Owl

It's a huge game for Charlton they can't afford to come and sit back unless they believe a point will be good enough (which it isn't obviously), we need to score first otherwise get ready for plenty of time wasting etc if they score first.

The players know they let everyone down in the FA Cup game and i'm sure they will want to come out and smash them, we owe them a pasting.

It's a huge game for Charlton they can't afford to come and sit back unless they believe a point will be good enough (which it isn't obviously), we need to score first otherwise get ready for plenty of time wasting etc if they score first.

The players know they let everyone down in the FA Cup game and i'm sure they will want to come out and smash them, we owe them a pasting.

I bet they come for a point.

Guest Sheff Owl

I bet they come for a point.

Well let them if they believe that's good enough they are more thicker than we thought.

It only takes others to pick up points and they could be in the bottom 3 even with a point.

I'll tell you what i know everyone want's us to proper smash them but having them sit back for 90 minutes playing for a point and then the 90th minute Michael Morrison scores an own goal...CARLSBERG ENDINGS...

Well let them if they believe that's good enough they are more thicker than we thought.

It only takes others to pick up points and they could be in the bottom 3 even with a point.

I'll tell you what i know everyone want's us to proper smash them but having them sit back for 90 minutes playing for a point and then the 90th minute Michael Morrison scores an own goal...CARLSBERG ENDINGS...

Would be so funny, I'd even run on the pitch with a Crossbar for him to swing on!

Guest JonTheOwl66

Reasons why I hate Charlton:

1.) Their sheer arrogance at taking first place ahead of us

2.) Their reaction to beating us in the Quarter Finals

3.) They're soft Southerners

4.) They're a nothing team that have banged on about how much better they are than us.

Hope we smash the Cockney bellends 8-0. Especially after all the aggro they gave after the Quarters at Hillsborough when leaving the grounds.

Like Barnsley, I hope they rot in League 1.

They have the best goal difference between them , blackpool and the dingles so lets hammer them and cut another thread of their lifeline . We binned them out of the prem so lets do our bit to the time wasting , injury feigning , bar swinging jumped up never come down " were from d capitow innit " jellied eel eating cockneys

Reasons why I hate Charlton:

1.) Their sheer arrogance at taking first place ahead of us

2.) Their reaction to beating us in the Quarter Finals

3.) They're soft Southerners

4.) They're a nothing team that have banged on about how much better they are than us.

Hope we smash the Cockney bellends 8-0. Especially after all the aggro they gave after the Quarters at Hillsborough when leaving the grounds.

Like Barnsley, I hope they rot in League 1.

5) Michael Morrison cupping his hands to his ears looking at the Kop when they beat us at home promotion season. If I've ever wanted someone to score an own goal more...it's him.

Really looking forward to tomorrow though. Hopefully the Bournemouth result, Easter Monday & guaranteed safety will tempt some more people to come. Meant to be hot tomorrow as well.

Best time to play Charlton anyway. They've scored 4 in their past 4 games & we've scored 10 goals in our past 3 games. They've got tones of pressure on their shoulders, scared to make a mistake. We should just attack from the off, if we concede then attack again. Finally we've got some freedom to really burst forward with no pressure or fear or losing.

I'm saying all this...we'll probably lose 5-0 lol

But I'm very very confident, verging on cocky.

Edited by FlyingOwl

Charlton have the worst defensive pairing in the league (Morrison & Wood), everything about them is small time and even though we didn't show up in the cup match we were still very unlucky to lose.

They belong in the third division and we'll help send them their tomorrow.

Sheffield Wednesday 4 Charlton 1

I'd love to see us give them a good beating, five or six nil. None of this early goal then time waste nonsense. Damage their goal difference and confidence.

But I think they will make it difficult for us and be happy with a draw and maybe try to catch us on the break.