Can you name this former Sheffield Wednesday player ?

WOW!

What's it like being in a crowd of 132,000?

My biggest was the League Up Final.

It was like being crushed in a whisky distillery. Every Scot had a bottle in his pocket, and as we were coming off at full time one of them (who'd been stood nearby all game) asked me what the score was.

For those of you who have never ventured further north than the border Hampden is worth a visit.

There are however, two Hamdens, Big Hampden and little Hampden. It or rather they are situated between two areas, Queens Park and Kings Park. The stadia is just on the edge of Queens Park but ample street parking is available over the main Road on the Kings Park estate.

If you are wanting to visit the Big Stadium it's worth checking whether Queens Park are playing in Big or little Hampden. Little Hampden is a training ground with a small terrace running round three sides of the pitch and probably hold 7 or 800, ample for Queens Parks average home attendance. Sitting in the big Stadium for a Queens Park game is one of the weirdest football experiences I have ever had, 500 in a ground that has housed 135,000.

For anyone thinking of that unusual football adventure there is nothing else I would rather recommend than a jaunt around some of the Scotland lower league grounds.  

Why I do believe its that criminal Peter Swan. Him that got four months in jail ( nothings changed there then) AND got banned from football for LIFE for match fixing !!!!  :ohmy: Now that's what you call a MASSIVE ban :tongue: Still had him back though after eight years out eh.

Stay classy piggies. Stay classy.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Why I do believe its that criminal Peter Swan. Him that got four months in jail ( nothings changed there then) AND got banned from football for LIFE for match fixing !!!!  :ohmy: Now that's what you call a MASSIVE ban :tongue: Still had him back though after eight years out eh.

Stay classy piggies. Stay classy.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Get your facts right grunter (by the way, it's that way round and has been so since before the 2nd WW), it was for betting NOT match fixing.

Seems a tad odd to get jibes about class from one of the Bladesman culture tribe! :danny-wilson:

Sex offender? if only :laugh: I'm afraid its far far worse than that oh porcine one . He's a CHEAT.

Sex Offender no ban V cheat LIFE ban! ;-)

Wow. What an odious little boy you are.

I won't even bother trying to explain why you've demonstrated how much class you, and your insipid little club, actually have in that one post alone because you just won't get it.

Confused? get whoever has dibs on the communal brain cell to read it to you again  :laugh:

Pure and utter scum. I would welcome most people on here, regardless of their allegiances, but you need banning for your disgraceful comments and defence of a filthy rapist.

Sex offender? if only :laugh: I'm afraid its far far worse than that oh porcine one . He's a CHEAT.

Sex Offender no ban V cheat LIFE ban! ;-)

another thick blunt that thinks rape is ok based on one 30-goal season, never cease to amaze me how dirty and messed up they really are

Scotland v England

Hampden Park 14th April 1962

Attendance 132,441 ( me and 132,440 others)

Scotland won 2 - 0.

The England team was :- Springett

Armfield

Wilson

Swan

Flowers

Anderson

Charlton

Douglas

Smith

Haynes (Capt)

Greaves

Take your pick for who the England onlooker is.

Out of interest here is another couple of photo's from the game I found in an old England programme - the crowd looks amazing

sS.jpg

Dumboldowl - do you think if Swan had not been banned would he have featured in the England 1966 world cup team?  If yes would he have partnered Moore ?

I always considered Peter Swan to be the best C/H in the country at that time (probably biased), but by 1962 when England played France at Hillsborough he had already been replaced in the side by Maurice Norman of Spurs. I don't think he was ever considered again after that. So it's doubtful that he would have made the '66 squad.