Monday Tribute - Owls Paralympic Star + Respect to Lee Rigby

A good mate of mine Mick Brennan will be visiting Hillsborough on Monday as a guest of the club (thanks to Trevor Braithwait).

A huge Wednesdayite since boyhood, he was almost killed serving our country in Iraq in 2004 where he lost both legs and suffered brain damage at the hands of a suicide bomber. Since he woke up from a coma he's been an inspiration. Having just returned from the Winter Paralympics he secured 2 top 10 finishes. Not bad considering he was out for most of the previous year with a broken sternum and only started skiing a few years ago.

No sympathy required, but please give him a hand at half time when together with Corporal Lee Rigby's mother, he makes the half time draw.

In very different but equally similar ways Mick and Lee deserved to be acknowledged.

No sympathy needed, but please show your appreciation.

It will be honour for us to have two brave people in attendance with us on Monday.

Could this be pinned so it doesnt drop down the list of  threads so everyone can see who will be in attendance?

I have no idea how to pin a post otherwise I would

Brave people. Reading about Mick and makes me feel he is much braver than I could be.

A little curious as to why Lee Rigby's mum is there. I thought he was from Manchester way. I hope our fans make them feel special.

Guest D.J.Nick1212

My father, my son and myself will all be there ans we will give them both a round of applause in respect!!!

Brave people. Reading about Mick and makes me feel he is much braver than I could be.

A little curious as to why Lee Rigby's mum is there. I thought he was from Manchester way. I hope our fans make them feel special.

What does it matter where she is from ?