Player of The Year

Kirkland has been great as always, but he's had more questionable performances than last year so I'd question whether he was truly performing to the best of his abilities. Also timing of his recent form won't help with this sort of vote!

I've then got to echo what everyone else is saying regarding players who've only played half a season... But when the likes of Maguire and Lee etc. came into the squad they've really helped turn us around with some fantastic performances so you'd have to say they deserve to be nominated on some level.

In terms of minutes on the pitchm Kirkland, Palmer and believe it or not Helan (who has made incidentally has the most appearances so far this season) are at the top of the list, whilst the rest are a good 1000 mins behind which says quite a bit.

Anyway, I we were voting for most improved I feel there'd be no discussion as it would have to be Palmer hands down, but Kirkland, even tho not quite at his best has probably saved us more this season than anyone else, so he deserves it.

Edited by POWP

Guest Mancunian_Owl

Difficult,

Been a season of ups and downs, but who do I think has been consistent performing to a high standard this year and has been our stand-out player?

For me its Chris Kirkland - best goalkeeper out of the Premier League, when the chips were down he put in big performances especially during the "dark time". He's been smacked by away fans, had to endure being dropped (despite being our best player) has had endless rumours about his future and still been one of the best players most weeks for us.

I would not be disappointed though if it was Maguire or Palmer. 

Kieran Lee - did in half a season more good things then most did in whole season. Fact that he was forgotten man under Jones adds even more weight to his claim (in my opinion).

Respect your opinion.

And I hate Dave Jones

But Lee was injured....not forgotten.

He's had a bit of a shocker of a month and was kept out of the side for a number of games by Martinez.

He's had a good season. But Palmer pips him for overall consistency.

He was playing well when dropped for Martinez, so you can't level that one at him.

Palmer has done very well, but for me his standards are significantly lower than Kirkland.

Kieran Lee - did in half a season more good things then most did in whole season. Fact that he was forgotten man under Jones adds even more weight to his claim (in my opinion).

Why is this myth repeated so much on here?

Lee was injured ffs.

Maguire could have just decided to sack it off, but instead he showed character to stick around and fight for a place in the team. He has shown why he was signed in the first place and why he should have been in the playing for us and not sent out on loan.

Don’t know what went off between him and Jones, but Maguire has put in some good performances since he was included in the side again. There’s plenty of room for improvement, but considering he’s being played mostly out of position, he just edges player of the season for me.

I've gone lee, people are blinkered by palmer because he's 'one of our own' he has bags of potential but not player of the year material. Probably wouldn't start in a full fit squad.

Lee played well alongside Semedo, but has missed a large part of the season through injury, and as looked quite lightweight recently to be honest.