The next David Hirst?

George Hirst, 15 years old.

Made is debut for the U18s last week.

Tall and gangly centre forward, will fill out.

soon as his dad gets him on the ale in a few years time :biggrin:

Guest s80m21owl

Seriously though I wonder if we will ever see another like Hirsty in the blue and white stripes. Not that I am old enough to remember him but presumably you have to go back to Derek Dooley for any sort of comparison.

Seriously though I wonder if we will ever see another like Hirsty in the blue and white stripes. Not that I am old enough to remember him but presumably you have to go back to Derek Dooley for any sort of comparison.

Hirst on his day was as good as they come, better than Shearer and that's just the truth, he had more pace and a more clinical finish. He used to do a kind of jump/skip thing that would seem to speed him up in full flight. Strikers are different now a days and the best players in the world are more forwards (Messi, Ronaldo) so no, I don't think we'll ever see the likes of Hirsty again, anywhere.

Guest s80m21owl

For me the great thing was that there were defenders as quick, as strong and as good in the air, but never all three. And that's without mentioning his ability on the ball. But when he first came he couldn't hit a barn door and he just ran up and down the touch line with Greg Fee. I think so anyway.

91 is the first season I can remember properly although I started going in 85 I was to young. 91 season he was immense and the 4 he hit against Hull is probably my first real memory of a Wednesday match. People still talk of the man city keeper who played with a broken neck but never of Hirsty scoring a by cycle kick with a broken leg!

On a slightly different note, a few years ago I found myself out of work during the summer and one of the lads knew Gregg Fee's missus, blah, blah but long and short of it was he owned a couple of them car washers normally Eastern Europeans work in and I did a few shifts, Gregg used to come down and get stuck in with rest of us. Top bloke and the couple of times Mel (Sterland) showed up just added to the enjoyment

George Hirst, 15 years old.

Made is debut for the U18s last week.

Tall and gangly centre forward, will fill out.

God has spoken people ...how the hell do you know he will fill out?

stupid statement one day Nicholas Lyndhurst will fill out too.

Hirst on his day was as good as they come, better than Shearer and that's just the truth, he had more pace and a more clinical finish. He used to do a kind of jump/skip thing that would seem to speed him up in full flight. Strikers are different now a days and the best players in the world are more forwards (Messi, Ronaldo) so no, I don't think we'll ever see the likes of Hirsty again, anywhere.

never remember who said the quote which was along the lines of who will partner Hirst in the England squad?