Taylor

Gardner

Prutton

Davies

Loan out:

Corry

McCabe

Mayor

I think these 3 really need to start impressing somewhere. Wouldn't get rid just yet as they are all still relatively young.

Also loan out Coke and Zayatte if we cannot get rid permanently

I'm led to believe Taylor and Gardner are both on hefty wages plus getting rid of a few others should free up some dosh for newbies

This

Keep

kirkland

Loovens

Semedo

Onewyu

Reda - offer a 1 year deal on reduced terms, possible extension if he plays x amount of games.

Let go

Prutton

Llera

Davies

Jameson

JJ

Taylor

Gardner - I'd have a look at him over pre season, especially if we cant agree terms with Loovens and Oneywu

With our recent history of this season, I dont see how we can sign both Loovens & Onyewu, because of their injury record so far, the same with A Johnson.

We realy need a settled defence for next season so for me it is Loovens and let the other two go, then sign two Central defenders who are fitter.

We shouldn't keep players 'as backup' or 'as 3rd/4th choice', particularly when it's based on sentimentality. You just end up with a bloated, uncompetitive squad where you get an injury and all your momentum goes and your budget is spent up. 

2 quality players battling for each shirt and the loan market/dev squad is there if needs be.

I still think we'd find a place and a use for Reda in there at a relatively low cost. 

That's the problem we face though, how can we find a place or a use for somebody who doesn't play matches?

I'm really not trying to slate Reda because it's difficult not to be a fan,  but if Joe Mattock was our first choice left back for example, and had missed the amount of football that Reda has over the last 2 seasons due to injury, would anybody be wanting the club to renew his contract? 

Reda isn't breaking his legs or anything, he's walking unaided off the pitch and not being seen again for 4 or 5 months at a time, which suggests that even when he plays he's being patched up and isn't really fit,  it's just too much unfortunately

Guest wilyfox

21 appearances in all comps this season, 17 last season in all comps. 

I'm with you it's not enough, I like him but doesn't play no where near enough to warrant another contract.

...similar to what we might get from Hutchinson - but people still want him, and his knee problem will plague him. I still think Reda's worth a new deal, unless there's a medical report stating his injuries are likely to continue.

Guest JonTheOwl66

...similar to what we might get from Hutchinson - but people still want him, and his knee problem will plague him. I still think Reda's worth a new deal, unless there's a medical report stating his injuries are likely to continue.

I don't think we should sign Hutch either.

I'm tired of us signing players for what they COULD do, not for what they ACTUALLY do.

We need to clear out the deadwood, and with tons of players out of contract end of this season, now's a perfect chance.

Guest wilyfox

I don't think we should sign Hutch either.

I'm tired of us signing players for what they COULD do, not for what they ACTUALLY do.

We need to clear out the deadwood, and with tons of players out of contract end of this season, now's a perfect chance.

But I don't consider Reda to be deadwood. He's an influential player of a good age, and worth a six-figure sum. We've put 3+1/2yrs into his development - with possibly his best yet to come. He has the summer months to recover from any knocks, strains and niggles. Unless there's an underlying medical problem meaning his injuries would persist, I'd keep him.

Guest AbbeyOwl

But I don't consider Reda to be deadwood. He's an influential player of a good age, and worth a six-figure sum. We've put 3+1/2yrs into his development - with possibly his best yet to come. He has the summer months to recover from any knocks, strains and niggles. Unless there's an underlying medical problem meaning his injuries would persist, I'd keep him.

Deja Vu, Reda is supposed to play football that is what his contract id for, absolutely love the Guy but we cannot depend on him, he misses over 50% of the games, no one seems to even be able to say what is wrong with him. Doubt he will get a contract, this season has mirrored last year

Edited by AbbeyOwl

To be fair, if we could consider Reda a serious option at centre back, then I think he'd be useful to have around. If he's just challenging Mattock and Helan for the left back role, then maybe he's a luxury. It he gave us cover in both positions, he'd be more valuable

Guest AbbeyOwl

To be fair, if we could consider Reda a serious option at centre back, then I think he'd be useful to have around. If he's just challenging Mattock and Helan for the left back role, then maybe he's a luxury. It he gave us cover in both positions, he'd be more valuable

He is rarely fit, he cant provide cover from the treatment room, taking up a squad place and wages, surely this money would be better spent elsewhere

Guest wilyfox

Deja Vu, Reda is supposed to play football that is what his contract id for, absolutely love the Guy but we cannot depend on him, he misses over 50% of the games, no one seems to even be able to say what is wrong with him. Doubt he will get a contract, this season has mirrored last year

Well I hope Stuart Gray thinks differently. If Reda goes elsewhere on a free and plays 30+ games next year scoring a number of goals, we might look back with regret.

Based on these players.

Let go of:

Llera (not good enough)

Gardner (crock on big wages)

Taylor 

Prutton

JJ 

Reda (not our best left back, would consider as a CB but he is unproven at this level in that position)

Keep Loovens, Kirkland, Semedo, Onyewu

That should free up a STACK of wages to get a proper striker and cover other areas.

I'd also keep Reda as back up centre back (along with Zayatte) to Onyewu and Loovens and he could also act as backup left back to Helan and Mattock.

That would leave us with a defensive squad of:

Kirkland

Buxton

Palmer

Onyewu

Loovens

Zayatte

Reda

Helan

Mattock