Liam Palmer

Guest Sheff Owl

Guest CageFightingOwl

Messi gets kicked to bits in some games.

What makes him get up and keep going?

Aggression.

I think some people dont understand what aggression means.

Played better today, but I think that was because with 3 CMs he had less to do going back. He has a cracking shot on him as someone said earlier, could potentially be great in the 10 position in a 4-2-3-1

Today you mean he played some other team before he played against Blackburn because that must explain why he was a steaming pile of poo against Blackburn 

He was shockingly bad POTM good job it was voted on before todays performance

Studies have shown aggressive players aren't good ? Load of crap

Like saying tall people aren't fast then saying nuihu and crouch aren't fast etc

Some great players are aggressive

Alonso Gerard zidane etc

Eh?

he'll be absolutely fine, he's getting to grips in his first games in midfield in the championship....

there were similar threads at the start of this season about him playing at right back, and how he wasn't cut out for it, and overall, he's had a fantastic season....

True. Bit puzzling as I remember watching him score from 35 yards out playing for our academy, and hitting a bar from even further out. Really thought that shooting is hid forte back then.

'tis what happens when you play a central midfielder at right back for so long.

Not saying that he's not a good right back...but just saying that it's going to take a while for him to get into that attacking mind set again.

Personally I can see him being that attacking, driving midfielder we need. We just need to keep him in that position for as long as possible.

'tis what happens when you play a central midfielder at right back for so long.

Not saying that he's not a good right back...but just saying that it's going to take a while for him to get into that attacking mind set again.

Personally I can see him being that attacking, driving midfielder we need. We just need to keep him in that position for as long as possible.

No it doesn't.

He should be able to slot back in immediately

Guest UpTheOwlsss

Eh?

Basically he said that studies have shown that aggressive people aren't good then backed it up by saying Michael brown madine Etc

Like me saying I've done a study saying tall players can't be fast then saying crouch and nuihu to back it up when we all now people like Ronaldo bale etc are fast

No it doesn't.

He should be able to slot back in immediately

Okay.

But he shouldn't. He'd just gotten used to and adapted bloody well to being a defensive minded player, suddenly he's playing centre midfield, then right back again and today he played (what looked like) just behind Nuhiu. He's a young lad in his first season of championship football. Before this season he'd been playing centre midfield for the majority of his professional and academy career. This season has very much been a learning curve for young Liam and he's added another string to his bow. 

Player of the season IMO, but I can see him being even better next season.

You're just arguing for the sake of it.

Okay.

But he shouldn't. He'd just gotten used to and adapted bloody well to being a defensive minded player, suddenly he's playing centre midfield, then right back again and today he played (what looked like) just behind Nuhiu. He's a young lad in his first season of championship football. Before this season he'd been playing centre midfield for the majority of his professional and academy career. This season has very much been a learning curve for young Liam and he's added another string to his bow.

Player of the season IMO, but I can see him being even better next season.

You're just arguing for the sake of it.

No I'm not.

I'm telling you that a professional footballer, who by the way is one of our technically best players, that trains day in day out and is given clear instruction on what needs to be done and how to do it. Does NOT need time to settle back into a position he has played frequently

If he couldn't do it, he wouldn't play. He'd be in the under 21s getting used to it again

Guest wilyfox

Palmer is a RB, Helan is a LB, Lavery is a striker. Hopefully Gray will realise these things sooner rather than later.

No I'm not.

I'm telling you that a professional footballer, who by the way is one of our technically best players, that trains day in day out and is given clear instruction on what needs to be done and how to do it. Does NOT need time to settle back into a position he has played frequently

If he couldn't do it, he wouldn't play. He'd be in the under 21s getting used to it again

You're completely misinterpreting what I'm saying.

Of course he can play central midfield after playing right back, and playing well I must say.

But my point is that defensive mind set is still embedded into him. For the past 5 months or something we have asked him to defend goal, suddenly we're wanting him to burst forward and go for goal himself. It's a lot to get used to, thought process and all that. His natural instincts will be to sit deep, I saw that in him vs Leicester especially. Today I saw more attacking drive from him, so I hope that come the Bournemouth and Charlton games he'll be taking more chances.

It's all about fully adapting the mind set and feeling confident and settled in a position again.

It took Maguire a while to settle in fully at right midfield, and if we asked him to play up front again you'd probably see him drift out wide.

It's just natural instincts. 

You're completely misinterpreting what I'm saying.

Of course he can play central midfield after playing right back, and playing well I must say.

But my point is that defensive mind set is still embedded into him. For the past 5 months or something we have asked him to defend goal, suddenly we're wanting him to burst forward and go for goal himself. It's a lot to get used to, thought process and all that. His natural instincts will be to sit deep, I saw that in him vs Leicester especially. Today I saw more attacking drive from him, so I hope that come the Bournemouth and Charlton games he'll be taking more chances.

It's all about fully adapting the mind set and feeling confident and settled in a position again.

It took Maguire a while to settle in fully at right midfield, and if we asked him to play up front again you'd probably see him drift out wide.

It's just natural instincts.

Whatever

But I'm not misinterpreting

Guest JonTheOwl66

Messi gets kicked to bits in some games.

What makes him get up and keep going?

Aggression.

I think some people dont understand what aggression means.

No, you definitely don't.

There's a difference between being aggressive and assertive. A cool head in football is better than running round wanting to smash heads.