Rhys McCabe

I think that Mayor, Corry and McCabe should be assessed by the coaching team during pre-season. Only then should decisions be made whether to keep, loan out or release (if relevant). I think SJ intimated recently that this would be the approach when revealing that Bury wanted to keep Mayor permanently

I think that Mayor, Corry and McCabe should be assessed by the coaching team during pre-season. Only then should decisions be made whether to keep, loan out or release (if relevant). I think SJ intimated recently that this would be the approach when revealing that Bury wanted to keep Mayor permanently

Agree, that's exactly how it should happen Don't think any can be released as they are all under contract

The biggest problem for RM is his father who i believe is also his agent! He's the type thats after a share of the limelight from his "successful" child and in doing so is having a bad influence on the lad! Both need to mature quickly and realise that without hard work and the right attitude, a career in football can easily flutter away into non existance!

I don't get why people want him to leave, he's clearly got some potential (whether it will be realised or if it's high enough to hold down a 1st team place is another debate) and he's gone out on loan and been impressive. 

Lavery did the same, dropped to L2 (and lets be fair, didn't set the world on fire) but came back into the fold and has been almost ever-present since. Lets hope the same happens with Rhys

I don't get why people want him to leave, he's clearly got some potential (whether it will be realised or if it's high enough to hold down a 1st team place is another debate) and he's gone out on loan and been impressive. 

Lavery did the same, dropped to L2 (and lets be fair, didn't set the world on fire) but came back into the fold and has been almost ever-present since. Lets hope the same happens with Rhys

I think people want him to leave so he's not on the wage bill anymore. And as next season he won't be able to contribute to the dev squad, only as an over age player (which we'll need to reserve for those looking to regain fitness), so the options we have left is first team player, loan move or to just be shipped out.

Lavery did well in L2, but he came back to us on form, McCabe could do the same as you say, but the difference is he'll come back at the end of the season leaving time for him to stagnate and lose everything he's potentially gained.

Personally I hope he gets a League 1 loan next season, or at least for the first half. Get his wages covered and asses his progress. Hopefully he'll be able to then come back and play more of a part

Again its patience needed. ...Sheridan needed it before he became a legend for us. ...We can't get the finished artical so we have to nurture our players along. .A loan out here and there. ..and then hopefully they will flourish into a good player. .

But Hillsborough doesn't do patience I'm afraid. ...We destroy them. ..

who have we destroyed ?

I see Portsmouth want to keep him until the end of the season, which surely we will agree to. Tellingly, his loan, until last Saturday's game, had been for the most part underwhelming. This sums McCabe up for me, you suspect he has the talent but for the most part, he just doesn't cut it

I see Portsmouth want to keep him until the end of the season, which surely we will agree to. Tellingly, his loan, until last Saturday's game, had been for the most part underwhelming. This sums McCabe up for me, you suspect he has the talent but for the most part, he just doesn't cut it

Portsmouth have recently sacked their manager. I suspect walking into an unsettled team struggling in league two is difficult. Portsmouth fans have said that they like him and that's good enough for me for now.

Guest wilyfox

I'd hang onto McCabe a) in hope he might still do something b) for the compensation we'd get for him if he moves on in a years time. If he leaves now we'd probably end up having to release him. Better off continuing his development to try and add value. Corry...no idea what is going on with him. He plays dev squad games, so he's not injured. Said himself the plan was defo to go out on loan this season at some point. What went wrong? Gawd knows..

I'd hang onto McCabe a) in hope he might still do something b) for the compensation we'd get for him if he moves on in a years time. If he leaves now we'd probably end up having to release him. Better off continuing his development to try and add value. Corry...no idea what is going on with him. He plays dev squad games, so he's not injured. Said himself the plan was defo to go out on loan this season at some point. What went wrong? Gawd knows..

This, and ditto Madine and Mayor

Guest wilyfox

This, and ditto Madine and Mayor

Not the same for Madine. He's 24 this summer. We'd risk losing him for nowt next year. I hope he continues to score for Carlisle to attract some bids - so the club atleast have options. We need him valuable again, either to play next season or be sold this summer. Last thing Milan will want is to lose him for nothing for all the cost and hassle involved.

I don't know how much he's on, but I wonder whether another year of his wages would cover the compensation we'd get for him? If he's on 2k a week, that's 100k over a year.

Still, even without thinking about making money off him, since he's contracted to us I'd rather us do what we can to continue to develop him and hopefully see him force his way into the first team. I'll admit I'm not overly hopeful of that right now, but we'll see...maybe if we actually kick off a season well so that we're not deep in the relegation zone come December, then perhaps these players will find it easily performing for a team that isn't struggling and that actually plays some decent football.

Guest wilyfox

To be honest, Gray is hands on and said a big part he enjoys is trying make better players of those at his disposal. There is undoubted talent there in Corry, McCabe, Madine & Mayor. I don't want us to discard them hastily. I'm hoping they can figure something out between them, going forward.

The thing is, only eleven players can play in the side at any one time, but we need players like McCabe to show that he has what it takes to step in if needed. Realistically we need a squad of at least 24 players, all of whom can comfortably play a role in the championship.

Guest wilyfox

Then it's a question for Gray as to whether he can use pre-season to get them ready. Surely he'd want to run rule over Mayor before making a decision. He might improve greatly for his time at Bury.