Official Transfer Rumours MegaThread 2014-2015

Guest wilyfox

We'll probably end up with Wordsworth on loan lol

Your wish is my command...

Ipswich have made midfielder Anthony Wordsworth available for loan or transfer. #itfc

We were always going to shop in the Lidl aisle for loan signings....anyone expecting us to sign a quality loan on a long term deal is in for a shock...if a short term one month get them fit deal comes up...we will be there with our begging bowl..its the Milan way.

I love this argument that gets trotted out every window.

Then I look at the list of loans signed under Milan.

Batth

Best

Wickham

Fryatt

Afobe

Marshall

Hutchinson

And wonder on what basis does the shopping in lidl argument come from?

I love this argument that gets trotted out every window.

Then I look at the list of loans signed under Milan.

Batth

Best

Wickham

Fryatt

Afobe

Marshall

Hutchinson

And wonder on what basis does the shopping in lidl argument come from?

Some good players on that list - but a fair few left off it as well. Crazy Frog springs to mind!!!

Afobe was awful, I think he's at MK Dons now.

Hull city bid for Jordan Rhodes £12m, which is what they got for Shane long

Would be a great bit of business that

When you see figures like that it underlines why paying decent money for lower league/SPL rising talent is the way ahead for us. It would be great if we could see the likes of Stevie May flourishing with us before we inevitably cash in and reinvest.

Edited by Dagmeister

When you see figures like that it underlines why paying decent money for lower league/SPL rising talent is the way ahead for us. It would be great if we could see the likes of Stevie May flourishing with us before we inevitably cash in and reinvest.

Thing is if we did have Rhodes playing for us, no doubt Milan would sell him on the cheap as we are useless at getting decent fees for our most valuable players.  

Thing is if we did have Rhodes playing for us, no doubt Milan would sell him on the cheap as we are useless at getting decent fees for our most valuable players.  

Personally I think its been more a case of not having players that other clubs want enough. I don't want to go into individual cases because its entirely subjective but the strategy of buying, developing, benefitting from and profiting from players is a sound strategy that we've not emplyed much in the last few years.

Edited by Dagmeister

Who've we sold for a fee whilst Milan has been chairman?

Apart from Antonio obviously, which no figure is official is it?

Just would like to see us have a similar model to what peterborough do.  Invest in quality players from the lower leagues then sell them at a huge profit, which can then be reinvested back in the team.

The day we start to get a decent return on our investments will be the day we really start moving forward.