Madine interview for CUFC

@GaryMadine9: Interesting to see how many of my 'friends' unfollowed me when I was away. Be funny watching them crawl back when I'm back on top

Classy

wats point of following him, hardly doin owt interesting was he , god this guys thick

@GaryMadine9: Interesting to see how many of my 'friends' unfollowed me when I was away. Be funny watching them crawl back when I'm back on top

Classy

He thinks people will crawl back to him? And he says he's lost his immaturity? He can sod off now for me. In fact, I'm going to see if I follow him, just so I can unfollow him.

He thinks people will crawl back to him? And he says he's lost his immaturity? He can sod off now for me. In fact, I'm going to see if I follow him, just so I can unfollow him.

As usual he comes across well in interviews and then shows a different persona on twitter. It's not very bright!

Guest AbbeyOwl

You all seem to forget he scored 18 for us in our promotion season AND didn't play the whole season as injured for many games.

Why wouldn't GM be able to do a great job for us in the Championship once settled back in and match fit. With the weight of the jail sentence off his mind and the motivation to be a good guy from now on with the right attitude he could be a real top striker for us.

When was the last time anyone scored 18 for us in one season in any division prior to GM?

Also no reason to say well that was in division 1, so was Rhodes and ALF and they haven't done a bad job have they?

So back off the guy and give him a chance to get back to what I and many others think he can achieve. If he has learnt his lesson he could be a success for us. He was a kid when he came to us and maybe the success of that first season went to his head a little. Give the lad a break FFS.

You were all singing his praises when he played such an important role in our promotion season...

In our promotion season you said it all, since then he has looked totally and utterly out of his depth.

Guest AbbeyOwl

In a nutshell Madine has everything to prove at this level but has shown from his league one days and flashes in the championship that he has the ability. He will be given the chance to finally show it or moved on, it would be too early to give him away just yet.

Look how players like Semedo have differed this season to last. Why not Madine?

When exactly has he shown he can cut it at championship level ?

i love our fans sometimes, slag off a player who scored 18 goals in our promotion season despite missing a big chunk of it , yet adore players for example jj who has contributed less in  6/7 seasons or nuihu . ok yes he's looked a little better in recent weeks , but hasn't really done an awful lot since he arrived. the jury is still out on him for me as it is for madine who I believe has the ability to cut it , wether he does or not is a different matter

Guest AbbeyOwl

i love our fans sometimes, slag off a player who scored 18 goals in our promotion season despite missing a big chunk of it , yet adore players for example jj who has contributed less in 6/7 seasons or nuihu . ok yes he's looked a little better in recent weeks , but hasn't really done an awful lot since he arrived. the jury is still out on him for me as it is for madine who I believe has the ability to cut it , wether he does or not is a different matter

Really odd isn't it support players who have been playing well, rather than ones that have never played well at this level and have been languishing in the nick the last few months after snacking people down town whilst pissed up. Well should be chanting his name in his absence as some sort of hero ffs

He's had some decent games and scored some goals last season. Not enough but the potential is there if he works at it.

Good games at home to Charlton, Barnsley, scored a nice finish away at Boro and home to Bristol city. Fulham in the cup.

Semedo looked out of his depth last season. What about this season?

Guest AbbeyOwl

Good finish away at Middlesbrough from all of what 2 yards out. Don't get the Madine love in spends all his time diving on the floor as he can't hack it physically.

We discussing Madine or Semedo?

Madines finish at Middlesbrough was a good one. Back across the keeper.

I've acknowledged that he has to do a lot more, but I think its worth seeing if he can prove it here before we move him on.

Semedo is a perfect example of how a player can get to grips with a step up by working at his game. That's what Madine needs to do, it's perfectly relevant.

Guest AbbeyOwl

Madines finish at Middlesbrough was a good one. Back across the keeper.

I've acknowledged that he has to do a lot more, but I think its worth seeing if he can prove it here before we move him on.

Semedo is a perfect example of how a player can get to grips with a step up by working at his game. That's what Madine needs to do, it's perfectly relevant.

If he had shown it in training or the recent games he has played for Development teams etc do you think SG would have sent him out on loan? Was Semedo sent out on loan? Madine obviously hasn't done enough to convince SG he can cut it at this level otherwise he would still be here

If he had shown it in training or the recent games he has played for Development teams etc do you think SG would have sent him out on loan? Was Semedo sent out on loan? Madine obviously hasn't done enough to convince SG he can cut it at this level otherwise he would still be here

Semedo was nearly moved on in the summer but his wages prevented that. Madine has been in prison for 4 months and has a raft of forwards ahead of him so he doesn't warrant a starting spot ahead of them yet. Better to send him out on loan to get more game time than he would here.

If gray didnt wasn't curious as to how he makes a comeback he wouldn't have given him the chance to make one.

Edited by Bluesteel