Madine interview for CUFC

Guest Johnbloodaxe

You all seem to forget he scored 18 for us in our promotion season AND didn't play the whole season as injured for many games.

Why wouldn't GM be able to do a great job for us in the Championship once settled back in and match fit. With the weight of the jail sentence off his mind and the motivation to be a good guy from now on with the right attitude he could be a real top striker for us.

When was the last time anyone scored 18 for us in one season in any division prior to GM?

Also no reason to say well that was in division 1, so was Rhodes and ALF and they haven't done a bad job have they?

So back off the guy and give him a chance to get back to what I and many others think he can achieve. If he has learnt his lesson he could be a success for us. He was a kid when he came to us and maybe the success of that first season went to his head a little. Give the lad a break FFS.

You were all singing his praises when he played such an important role in our promotion season...

Guest wilyfox

I hope he bangs em in for Carlisle and comes back raring to go. There comes a time when he's said all the right things and apologised all he can, and you have to draw a line under it all. I see no reason why he can't go on to do the sort of things Leon Best is for us right now. Balls in his court.

I hope he bangs em in for Carlisle and comes back raring to go. There comes a time when he's said all the right things and apologised all he can, and you have to draw a line under it all. I see no reason why he can't go on to do the sort of things Leon Best is for us right now. Balls in his court.

Yep, agree with that. 

we all know he cant hence league one is where he is best. Championship is one step to much.

I remember people saying this about a certain Grant Holt, I'll trust SG to make the right decision he doesn't seem to have made many bad ones!

In a nutshell Madine has everything to prove at this level but has shown from his league one days and flashes in the championship that he has the ability. He will be given the chance to finally show it or moved on, it would be too early to give him away just yet.

Look how players like Semedo have differed this season to last. Why not Madine?

Guest Big Guns

Do you think he'll have developed a turn of pace beyond that of an old man with bad knees, and the ability to hold the ball up and bring others into the game, since he's been on his holidays?

Yes I do

You all seem to forget he scored 18 for us in our promotion season AND didn't play the whole season as injured for many games.

Why wouldn't GM be able to do a great job for us in the Championship once settled back in and match fit. With the weight of the jail sentence off his mind and the motivation to be a good guy from now on with the right attitude he could be a real top striker for us.

When was the last time anyone scored 18 for us in one season in any division prior to GM?

Also no reason to say well that was in division 1, so was Rhodes and ALF and they haven't done a bad job have they?

So back off the guy and give him a chance to get back to what I and many others think he can achieve. If he has learnt his lesson he could be a success for us. He was a kid when he came to us and maybe the success of that first season went to his head a little. Give the lad a break FFS.

You were all singing his praises when he played such an important role in our promotion season...

If anyone missed this post earlier in the thread, well read it now.

Well said JBA

He scored in league 1..Like Lliera was a star in league 1...

Its a step up, he hasn't made that step up...so he's took a step down...good luck to the lad..He did a job for us...then he stopped doin' a job for us when he hit someone in a nightclub...

I honestly can't see him getting back in the side we have,