Could Madine be about to join Rotherham?

Remember Steve Evans going on about a record signing?

said the player was from a champ club.

wanted to sign on loan with a view to a permanent deal - he would get the player for the rest of this season, and believed the fee would be less than a compensation package as he's under the age of 24...which Madine is...

we havn't offered him a new deal, but if we don't sack him (because of the conviction) then we are due compensation still... 

No proof or anything, just got a feeling...please don't berate me too much 

Guest IN MILAN WE RUST

Remember Steve Evans going on about a record signing?

said the player was from a champ club.

wanted to sign on loan with a view to a permanent deal - he would get the player for the rest of this season, and believed the fee would be less than a compensation package as he's under the age of 24...which Madine is...

we havn't offered him a new deal, but if we don't sack him (because of the conviction) then we are due compensation still... 

No proof or anything, just got a feeling...please don't berate me too much 

Id piggy back the cnut to the new york stadium! 

Guest Kagoshimaowl

I don't see why we are loaning Madine out.  There will be no 24 hour recall for the first 28 days of the loan so what do we do if Best gets recalled or if Lavery's injury is worse than we think??  Silly until we are mathematically safe in my opinion.

Why would we be due compensation? He has another year left on his contract for starters, and he isn't somebody we developed through our system. If Rotherham were stupid enough to sign him it would have to be for a fee, unless we gave him a free transfer. Besides which, having seen Rotherham first hand this season, Madine is missing (and always has been) one thing which Evans insists on from his players and that's hard work.

I''d be amazed if Rotherham had thought about any kind of move for Madine, let alone a permanent one.

Why would we be due compensation? He has another year left on his contract for starters, and he isn't somebody we developed through our system. If Rotherham were stupid enough to sign him it would have to be for a fee, unless we gave him a free transfer. Besides which, having seen Rotherham first hand this season, Madine is missing (and always has been) one thing which Evans insists on from his players and that's hard work.

I''d be amazed if Rotherham had thought about any kind of move for Madine, let alone a permanent one.

Ah, I thought he was out of contract in the summer, my bad.

But it doesn't matter if he didn't come through our academy, if a player leaves on a free before their 24, the club is due compensation.

That's not the case either. If his club offers him a contract on improved terms and he turns it down, his club are due compensation. If his club don't offer him a new contract, I think he can just walk away. And I'd still need it confirming by somebody who actually knows the rules, whehehr or not, given we've paid a sizeable fee for him already, we'd be entitled to compensation at the end of his contract due to his age.

Madine deserves a proper chance.

Not because he has been inside but because he deserves a run of games alongside players that can service a striker.

If he can't cut it fair enough but I don't get the hatred. Stupid.

Madine deserves a proper chance.

Not because he has been inside but because he deserves a run of games alongside players that can service a striker.

If he can't cut it fair enough but I don't get the hatred. Stupid.

He doesn't 'deserve' anything of the sort.

Not saying get rid but to say he deserves it - nah

I don't see why we are loaning Madine out. There will be no 24 hour recall for the first 28 days of the loan so what do we do if Best gets recalled or if Lavery's injury is worse than we think?? Silly until we are mathematically safe in my opinion.

We're closer to the play offs than we are to the relegation zone, don't know why people are even lookijg at the bottom 3.

Can't see Rotherham risking upsetting the apple cart by bringing in a polarising figure like Madine, think they'll be looking elsewhere.

I agree. Everything is going fantastic for them right now , so why upset the applecart by signing a player who divides opinion ? Plus he wouldnt get in their side right now . They are on fire.