Guest AbbeyOwl

Christ, let it go will you the club has and so have the vast majority of supporters.

Am I saying he should be in Prison? I am saying he isn't committed to being a professional footballer. Who made you the majority of supporters? I think the majority of supporters think he is a wee pipe and an embarrassment to the club but I dont know because I cannot speak for the majority of supporters unlike you.

In his first season, Danny Ings was 19/20 and played 15 games, scoring 3 goals. Charlie Austin scored 16 goals, Jay Rodriguez scored 21

In his second season he featured mainly on the wing and played 33 games scoring 3 goals. Charlie Austin scored 24 goals (stats from transfermarkt, and could be wrong, but they seem about right)

So if you want to look at stats, look at where the goals Austin was scoring have gone since he left their squad. Straight to Ings and Vokes.

Our goals were what Gary Madine was supplying and it wasn't enough. Look at what other strikers were able to get with similar players in the squad in his first year in the championship.

I don't doubt he'll be able to perform better than last year and he'll mature and potentially become a decent championship level striker in time, but seriously, he's not going to be in the same ballpark as players like Danny Ings

Edited by POWP

Committed to what, drinking and fighting. So in your opinion someone who trains hard and is in the squad / team should be dropped so Madine can play? On what basis? Because it isn't on past performances in the Championship is it?

So who do you drop, who does he deserve to play in front of?

I've said previously that i wouldn't be too disappointed if Afobe was dropped for Madine.

How Gray makes that decision is up to him. If it's based on if HE thinks Madine is deserving of a place on the bench, then so be it. 

But a lot of our supporters have blind faith....  :ghoulguy:

As apposed to quoting stats that have so many variables  that they mean absolutely nothing. 

It's not faith in Madine it's faith in Super Stu that I have, if anyone can get the best out of Madine he can, why don't we just wait and see if he can produce under Gray that's all most people are asking.

I don't get this constant slating before he's kicked a ball this time round, just wait and see.

Am I saying he should be in Prison? I am saying he isn't committed to being a professional footballer. Who made you the majority of supporters? I think the majority of supporters think he is a wee pipe and an embarrassment to the club but I dont know because I cannot speak for the majority of supporters unlike you.

What are you saying then?

Guest AbbeyOwl

I've said previously that i wouldn't be too disappointed if Afobe was dropped for Madine.

How Gray makes that decision is up to him. If it's based on if HE thinks Madine is deserving of a place on the bench, then so be it. 

So you would drop a member of a winning side, a player on loan from Arsenal who Arsene Wenger deems worthy of signing to play in the Premiership, to bring in a player recently released from prison, who on his previous games at this level was sadly lacking. Stuart Gray wont make that decision unless people are injured.

As apposed to quoting stats that have so many variables  that they mean absolutely nothing. 

It's not faith in Madine it's faith in Super Stu that I have, if anyone can get the best out of Madine he can, why don't we just wait and see if he can produce under Gray that's all most people are asking.

I don't get this constant slating before he's kicked a ball this time round, just wait and see.

What are you saying then?

The clue is in 'what I am saying'

Edited by AbbeyOwl

So you would drop a member of a winning side, a player on loan from Arsenal who Arsene Wenger deems worthy of signing to play in the the Premiership, to bring in a player recently released from prison, who on his previous games at this level was sadly lacking. Stuart Gray wont make that decision unless people are injured.

Ok, that statement is nonsense. Afobe has been the member of a winning squad. But let's be right here...he hasn't been the integral part of the first team lineup. He isn't the first name you'd put on the list is he.

I haven't been that impressed with him. And infact, it wasn't long ago that he was getting dogs abuse on here. 

He's having a bit part role, 10 mins at the end of a game. Might as well throw on our own player and do that. 

Guest AbbeyOwl

Ok, that statement is nonsense. Afobe has been the member of a winning squad. But let's be right here...he hasn't been the integral part of the first team lineup. He isn't the first name you'd put on the list is he.

I haven't been that impressed with him. And infact, it wasn't long ago that he was getting dogs abuse on here. 

He's having a bit part role, 10 mins at the end of a game. Might as well throw on our own player and do that. 

Which part of my statement is nonsense?

Someone who gets involved in fights drunk and gets sent to Prison is hardly a committed professional is he? Maybe I dreamed up his prison sentence then.

your right it doesn't but people can change deeney at Watford being a prime example .ian wright ,tony adams, jan molby all served prison sentences and all had good careers afterwards.

We'll need a decent pool of our own strikers next season. Hopefully Madine will prove that he can be one of them. He'll need to show improvement on and off the pitch and I am looking forward to seeing whether he can show that he's turned over a new leaf and can benefit under Gray as others have done. As we nudge towards mathematical safety this season I'd expect Him to be given opportunities possibly off the bench...... as long as he's showing enough in training to Gray's satisfaction.

When it comes to Madine he was a cracking striker in League One had it not been for injury he'd have got 25 goals that season. Last season he was used mainly off the bench, and when he did start he averaged a goal in every 3.

Next season I want to see him given a proper chance, however I don't see the point in rushing him back this season, Best is scoring goals and Nuhiu is playing brilliantly. A loan spel till the end of the season l would do him the world of good IMO.