herewe go again , how many didn't figure under Demo but do now ,are they garbage, Gray seems to get the best out of the players so possibilities that Madine may respond are there , if he does or doesn't that is the time to say he can't cut it at this level ,and not because he didn't adapt last season , neither did semedo are we still saying he can't cut it either , wish I could tell the future I would be quids in ,

Edited by trevdi9

I can't see the starts on Wiki pal. Someone did post a link to his game time per match last season a few weeks ago on Madine's release. The ratio worked out c. 20 goals a season.

That was me - it was the stats from the first half of last season (the half where he scored all of his goals)

The stats were 1,054 mins of game time, 3 goals - Woeful 

33 apps - 3 goals actually

Apologies. 

Anyway

Games started: 10

Used Sub: 20 

Goals: 3

As i said, i think he has something to offer. The stats are not conclusive. There is no doubt he struggled last season, so did the likes of Semedo- he's come on leaps and bounds this season. 

I'd like to see him given game time in a confident squad, and not played up front on his own.

Edited by bigdan2003

58 points last season suggests otherwise....

Oh wait.. you're one that actually liked Dave Jones

Damn

Er..

You still can't deny that most people wrote nearly every player out of DJ's squad off. Everyone said the team wasn't good enough, the team had no quality etc. Just like what Super Stu has done. He deserves a chance under the messiah. 

I'd say he has had more than a decent run.... And proved he wasn't up for it. 

Same could be said for the rest of the squad, which is now playing 100 times better.

DJ's tactics were negative, we barely created a chance. How do you think that impacts on a striker?

If you think 10 starts (off memory) over a season, which were in fits and starts, is a recent run in the team, then fair enough.

Oh wait.. you're one that actually liked Dave Jones

Damn

Er..

You still can't deny that most people wrote nearly every player out of DJ's squad off. Everyone said the team wasn't good enough, the team had no quality etc. Just like what Super Stu has done. He deserves a chance under the messiah. 

I wouldn't say i 'liked' DJ. He was the manager of my football club. I support my football club through thick and thin. That includes everybody. 

I've said in previous threads countless times that i would be delighted if Gary Madine proves me wrong and turns out to be a good striker. The evidence that i have suggests he wont. 

Same could be said for the rest of the squad, which is now playing 100 times better.

DJ's tactics were negative, we barely created a chance. How do you think that impacts on a striker?

If you think 10 starts (off memory) over a season, which were in fits and starts, is a recent run in the team, then fair enough.

Perhaps if he made an impact off the bench and gave the manager a reason to pick him then he would have started more games wouldn't he. But the fact is, he didn't. He had plenty of chances and wasted them all with disinterested performances. 

Danny Ings first season in the championship: 15 Appearances - 3 Goals. Second season: 33 appearances - 3 goals. Third Season - 39 appearances - 25 goals.

Danny Ings is a player that runs his nuts off. Hard work pays off and gives you rewards. 

Perhaps if he made an impact off the bench and gave the manager a reason to pick him then he would have started more games wouldn't he. But the fact is, he didn't. He had plenty of chances and wasted them all with disinterested performances. 

Maguire made an impact coming off the bench - scored arguably the goal that kept us up last season at Millwall. Wasn't he dropped the following game?