FAO Justvisiting

Guest BirdonaMaguire

For all the rivalry, not many supporters of a club, would wish to see another go out of business.

(Although in QPR's case at the moment, they probably deserve to.),

It is on the existance of such, that rivalry is based.

And may it continue.

Its why as supporters we stand for most owt mate.....that fractious that we will never get together to stop all this crap....

A fortnight of switching the telly off and leaving the grounds denuded would sort it.

We howl with laughing at each others misfortune because of tribal loyalties that are taken advantage of by folk who wouldn't know a football if it knocked on the door, raped the wife an' ran off with the kids

Guest CageFightingOwl

Even if they go into admin and get docked 10 points they will still be above Birmingham and 7 points clear of the drop, it might be something for them to consider ?

Very true

They will also have one of the Leagues top goalscorers in Ross McCormack.

One of the better loan signings in Connor Wickham.

Other Premier League loan signings of Jimmy Kebe and Cameron Stewart.

This is what grips me, they have assets they could sell.

Like Southampton who went into admin, kept hold of the likes of Bale, Walcott, Chamberlain, Lallana etc and sold them for big money.

Why not sell those assets first before going into admin.

Guest AbbeyOwl

Don't think the FL league come out of this with any credit either.

How did GFHC pass the FPP test in the first place, One of the requirements was proving you had sufficient funds in place to finance the club.

It been quite clear they had'nt a pot to pee in and as such stopped funding us last October.

I feel a huge precident has been set today and any future new owners of all clubs are going to have to be squeeky clean.

Effectively, Cellino's been rejected because of £300k tax evasion charge on a yacht, in an Italian court.

Found guilty of Tax Evasion, so he isn't a fit and proper person. Where should the bar be set? Anything except murder is ok? You make me laugh only a couple of weeks ago you were trying to tell us on here it was all rosey in the garden contesting you were even losing money.

Guest AbbeyOwl

No, the FL knew about the upcoming tax court case and delayed a decision until a conviction was proved in Italy.

People ITK suggest it wasn't Cellino who sacked McDermott, it was GFHC ( I agreed with the decision btw) and that Cellino had him reinstated and sacked the CEO who did it.

How can he sack anyone if he wasn't in control of the Club??

No, the FL knew about the upcoming tax court case and delayed a decision until a conviction was proved in Italy.

People ITK suggest it wasn't Cellino who sacked McDermott, it was GFHC ( I agreed with the decision btw) and that Cellino had him reinstated and sacked the CEO who did it.

How can he sack anyone if he wasn't in control of the Club??

isn't that what I said.

Guest BirdonaMaguire

Very true

They will also have one of the Leagues top goalscorers in Ross McCormack.

One of the better loan signings in Connor Wickham.

Other Premier League loan signings of Jimmy Kebe and Cameron Stewart.

This is what grips me, they have assets they could sell.

Like Southampton who went into admin, kept hold of the likes of Bale, Walcott, Chamberlain, Lallana etc and sold them for big money.

Why not sell those assets first before going into admin.

Hold up Southampton flogged players and then went into admin.....Lallana is still there by the way.

As for selling McCormack you do realise the window is shut til June don't you? How can they flog him now?

Wickham is back at Sunderland.

Hope that helps.

Found guilty of Tax Evasion, so he isn't a fit and proper person. Where should the bar be set? Anything except murder is ok? You make me laugh only a couple of weeks ago you were trying to tell us on here it was all rosey in the garden contesting you were even losing money.

Really, If you can find that post I'd be interested to read it.

Guest AbbeyOwl

isn't that what I said.

To be fair it is a complete fiasco and no one really knows what is going on, the McDermott incident was bizarre in the extreme, sounds similar to us when we were on the brink.

I'm going to be really honest.

I'm getting past caring, the clubs seen as just a huge cash cow to tin pot owners desperate to squeeze the life out of club.

If any accountant can explain how, from last published accounts, when the wages are only 53% of turnover, where over £15m of "operating expenses" goes, I'd be happy to chat about it.

Scratch that, I think I know the answer.

Well, you are paying close to £2.1m a year to use Elland Road and Thorpe Arch for starters.

Guest BirdonaMaguire

According to someone I know Leeds asked to defer his wages and loan fee which was rejected out of hand, it also revokes their right to buy clause.

Edited by BirdonaMaguire

Its the only one the FL league were interested in, otherwise his application would have thrown out weeks ago.

Contracts were exchanged and paperwork to the FL seven weeks ago.

You're contradicting yourself JV.

You say any new owners will have to be squeaky clean in future. But even if Cellino had been found not guilty last week, very few people would think him squeaky clean, and his takeover would have gone ahead. The FL have got a bit lucky. I doubt they wanted to approve him, but his past offences have been "served" and weren't considered. Unless the FL want lengthy legal cases, and costs, they can't reject someone on here say, rumour and allegations.

We will have more Cellinos and Carson Yeungs taking over clubs because their "offences" are historic or not proven in court.

I think that the committee would have loved to have found a loophole so to approve Cellino. It's more the fact that the F&PPC have received sustained criticism over the years for some of the approvals they have made. Abramovic being the prime example but then I can't believe that Government pressure wasn't applied regarding his approval.

a competent cps would have found mandaric guilty of the same.

Guest Distraught!

a competent cps would have found mandaric guilty of the same.

The CPS don't deliver verdicts. They merely make judgments as to whether there is sufficient evidence to proceed with a case. I though that is what happened in Mandaric's case and then a jury found him not guilty.