FAO Justvisiting

Guest BirdonaMaguire

Guest Distraught!

Conn has it wrong, the losses aren't that much, they physically can't be.

Why can't it be true?

It's rumoured that other Championship clubs are losing 50 million plus per year.

Edited by Distraught!

Guest Deleted member

Why can't it be true?

It's rumoured that other Championship clubs are losing 50 million plus per year.

There are some losing twice that

Guest Distraught!

This make it even more important that the FFP rules be enforced rigorously.  

We would all wish that but it is not going to stop certain clubs from exploiting the system when rewards for getting to the Premier League are so high. Even promotion and immediate relegation gives clubs incentive to break the rules.

There are some losing twice that

Aye, I can well believe it!

It was odd how he said it and it was ignored. Maybe he meant a million a month? That would be a believable figure. Whatever it is, they're losing a lot of money it seems. Fortunately for them ffp will be toothless so they'll carry on.

The article in this thread I started mid February has the figure at £1m a month.

http://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic/209296-administration-for-leeds/#entry5184330

Some big players have to go bust before the governing bodies device to do something about it.

Leeds have gone once, it made no difference.  Portsmouth won the FACup and then had two(?) in as many seasons, it made no difference.  Rangers had to beg to stay as an actual League club, it made no difference.

Too many snouts in the trough to make a difference.  None of the 'big six' that the media give a poo poo about will ever go, because the cash in football is rigged to keep propping them up.  So we will be here for a very long time to come.

I think that it is actually half the entire league have gone boobies up at one time or another in the last twenty years (many before the automatic deduction) (like Boro', for example), so it not just since the big cash came in, but that hasnt helped as everyone is chasing the rainbow.

We just need to make sure that we are still standing when the music stops.

[boobies swear filter! lol ]

Edited by jayzman

Guest BirdonaMaguire

Why can't it be true?

The clubs losing that are recent ex-PL clubs, Leicester lost 34m last year, their turnover is much lower than Leeds, that's the yardstick i am using.

For Leeds to lose £52m on a £31m turnover would mean expenses of £80m+ IMPOSSIBLE imho.

Guest Distraught!

The clubs losing that are recent ex-PL clubs, Leicester lost 34m last year, their turnover is much lower than Leeds, that's the yardstick i am using.

For Leeds to lose £52m on a £31m turnover would mean expenses of £80m+ IMPOSSIBLE imho.

I won't argue the point one way or the other. Nothing surprises me these days though.

Guest BirdonaMaguire

There could be an element of truth in that, although the bloke Haigh deeply involved already is also a likely vulture.

When Readings fourth goal went in last night, I laughed to myself, I tried not to but I couldn't help it.

Almost like my wife who always, for some reason, giggles at funerals.

It was a nervous reaction.

I've seen the lot at ER over the years, ups and downs as the song goes, but I've never witnessed such an insipid performance by a group of highly paid professional footballers in my life.

A screen should be erected round the Billy Bremner statue so he's not associated with this set of spineless players in the famous white shirt.

The club, in my opinion is at rock bottom but seems determined to keep drilling deeper.

The ownership issues at the club are embarrassing, shocking, how GFH ever passed the FPP test is beyond me. Pot less chancers.

Then again, let’s look at one of board of directors at the Football League. Sean Harvey.

A man who twice steered Bradford City into administration and then, with his trusty sidekick, Ken Bates, did the same to Leeds United. He now over see’s Cellino's FPP application.

How is this man allowed anywhere near the top table if the FL?

Between him and KB's they financially abused the club, slowly and methodically over an eight year period, their legacy still exists today only now we have GFHC who've not slowly groomed us for their own financial gains, they didn't even wait to get our tights down.

The club from top to bottom stinks but the one thing that will always remain and will always be the heart and soul of the club is the fans.

The people who have spend thousands of pounds to watch third rate players masquerade as professional footballers.

So to pick you up on a point BoaM, with two home games in four days almost 50,000 people have turned up to support the team despite it being one of the lowest periods in the clubs history.

So to pick you up on a point BoaM, with two home games in four days almost 50,000 people have turned up to support the team despite it being one of the lowest periods in the clubs history.

Marching on Together ( to administration)

Marching from play off push and boasting about how your finances on here to 'lowest point in history' in a few week,s

lol

Edited by Belfast Owl 2