GARY MADINE what is it ?

Guest Mancunian_Owl

BREAKING NEWS:

Gary Madine gets a restraining order against @Owlstalk after he creates three threads every day about how wonderful and pretty he thinks Madine is.

gary megson

He has good potential, as a striker that's like gold dust. But he has a terrible attitude which more than likely contributes to the fact he may never live up to his potential. So I can understand those that get frustrated with him or just dont see what others do. Madine sums up how hypocritical our fanbase are though. I dont think I went to a game last season which he played in where some idiot didnt slag him off for 90 mins. He was such a scapegoat last year. Now hes back everybody's expecting big things from him. Hel be getting booed as soon as he has one bad game.

Guest ben29

Well the fact he's rubbish at football. Yet some people seem to give him chance after chance after chance. He seems to polarise opinions on here.

Guest LondonOwl-32

Gary Madine is definitely a striker with potential, however he obviously has a few attitude problems.

In my opinion I think Sheffield Wednesday would be wise to loan him out to a League One club for the remainder of the season with a view to sell in the summer. From media reports there are a fair few potential suitors and they may be able to recoup the initial transfer fee that we paid for him. 

Based on last season's performance (19 appearances, 2 goals) I am not convinced he will be able to cut it at Championship level. He will also be 24 next season so he should really be hitting his maximum potential.

Ideally we should be looking to recruit players who are not going to provide off-field distractions and negatively affect the reputation of the club.

attachicon.gifGary Madine Sheffield Wednesday.jpg

It seems that every time Gary Madine's name is mentioned on here or on social media the whole fanbase goes crackers either supporting or attacking him.

What do you think it is about Gary Madine that means that he gets so much attention from fans ?

There's not been a player at Hillsborough that grabs fans imaginations and attention as much

If there's threads about Jermaine Johnson or Nuhiu or Kirkland there's a small response but drop a Gary Madine thread on here, facebook, twitter or in the newspaper and it all goes ballistic 

Is it that Sheffield Wednesday fans are all willing him to turn into the striker we think he could be and that he's Owls fans biggest hope of success now ?

Just ask him out Neil, what's the worst that could happen ?