GARY MADINE what is it ?

He's never actually said a word though has he ?

I don't think he's done himself many favors being on Twitter - reacting to the idiots on there......doesn't appear to've stood him in good stead when confronted by the same thing out and about.

What I was eluding to was more of the being a 'lad' persona he appears to have built up for himself or had built for him needs to be dropped given his recent escapades.

It is quite astounding that for someone who's barely kicked a ball for us this season he is probably by far and away the most talked about.

The Star published a piece in the paper a couple of days ago. Quotes attributed to one of his victims shed a whole new light on the term unprovoked.

"He (Madine) was staring at me"  I (the so called victim) said " What are you looking at"

Sounds very much to me that the so called Wednesdayite as well as trying to solicit a further apology from Madine was very much looking to add a notch to his gun on the night in question, Billy The Kid style.

We have all been around long enough to know that the easiest way to provoke a fight as immature young men is to utter the immortal phrase "What you looking at"

And there walk half of my male mates in our 20's the only difference being Coppers were happy to break it up and send them on their way as there was nothing to be had other than paperwork in arresting a nobody !  

Part of me says Madine was silly but then there's another part that says the victim found exactly what he was looking for and is finding it difficult to come to terms with his own personal humiliation.

Guest Distraught!

Is it because he is the only actual Sheffield Wednesday player since MacLean to net a decent return of goals in one season?

Everyone likes goalscorers and the club hasn't really been spoilt for choice on that front for years.

Guest harveyhamfeet

The Star published a piece in the paper a couple of days ago. Quotes attributed to one of his victims shed a whole new light on the term unprovoked.

"He (Madine) was staring at me" I (the so called victim) said " What are you looking at"

Sounds very much to me that the so called Wednesdayite as well as trying to solicit a further apology from Madine was very much looking to add a notch to his gun on the night in question, Billy The Kid style.

We have all been around long enough to know that the easiest way to provoke a fight as immature young men is to utter the immortal phrase "What you looking at"

And there walk half of my male mates in our 20's the only difference being Coppers were happy to break it up and send them on their way as there was nothing to be had other than paperwork in arresting a nobody !

Part of me says Madine was silly but then there's another part that says the victim found exactly what he was looking for and is finding it difficult to come to terms with his own personal humiliation.

So saying that deserves a broken Jaw or nose?!

Jesus wept! What is the world coming to when you justify serious violence, resulting in a lengthy sentence and conviction by the above?

Bizarre justification.

"He (Madine) was staring at me"  I (the so called victim) said " What are you looking at"

Part of me says Madine was silly but then there's another part that says the victim found exactly what he was looking for and is finding it difficult to come to terms with his own personal humiliation.

The court case will have taken all this into consideration. He is a 3 times serial offender. I am all for giving him another chance but we shouldn't look for ways to excuse his past appalling behaviour rather we should hope that his experience in prison will have had a positive effect on him and that he mends his ways.

The other players, don't have much deviation in fans opinion. Basically they have their critics but even their supporters can see the same flaws. There is loads of common ground and posts on those threads quickly become repetitious.

Madine has people who actively dislike him and don't want him at the club either for his brush with the law or performances last season. He also has people that excuse those performances for a number of valid reasons and who hope prison has made him appreciate his privileged position.

Whether he sinks or swims is up to him but once the contoversy dies either way he'll be no more talked of than the rest.

Think it is because he was a star players for a while, good looks and his reputation for getting himself in trouble with the law.

But if I am honest he is not a great player. If he really knuckles down and grabs his oppotunity here with both hands he may be a goodish Championship player but that is about all.