GARY MADINE what is it ?

post-4683-0-56565400-1394137556_thumb.jp

It seems that every time Gary Madine's name is mentioned on here or on social media the whole fanbase goes crackers either supporting or attacking him.

What do you think it is about Gary Madine that means that he gets so much attention from fans ?

There's not been a player at Hillsborough that grabs fans imaginations and attention as much

If there's threads about Jermaine Johnson or Nuhiu or Kirkland there's a small response but drop a Gary Madine thread on here, facebook, twitter or in the newspaper and it all goes ballistic 

Is it that Sheffield Wednesday fans are all willing him to turn into the striker we think he could be and that he's Owls fans biggest hope of success now ?

Owlstalk Shop

I'm 95% sure he'll come good.

Anyone slating him & saying he should be sold will be up his arse if and when he starts scoring.

Is that the same thing as all those slating him and saying he should be sold when he was playing and not scoring being up his arse now?

Is that the same thing as all those slating him and saying he should be sold when he was playing and not scoring being up his arse now?

I can't speak for them.

But I've always backed Gary. Giving him the benefit of doubt and putting his dry spell goals wise last season on being poorly man managed by Jones who killed the lads confidence by playing Howard/Bothroyd/Sidibe in front of him. Plus the looming court case & probable prison sentence that was looming over him.

Adding to that, it was his first season in the Championship, he didn't get a long enough run in the team to settle, and none of our strikers did that well last season. Can partially put that down to poor service?

As a team we are now full of confidence and creating chances and scoring MUCH more goals than we did last season.

I think Madine will thrive. 

He is one of a group of players who arn't good enough to take us to the next level, which is the playoffs. Maybe it's his personality and behaviour that focus attention on him, rather than others. It's not personal at all, and the lad will have a good career at League 1 level, but if fans honestly think he has the ability, and goals in him to take us to the Premier league, them they are deluded.

If our aspirations are to keep finishing 16th in the Championship, then we should keep him. Maybe over the years as a club we have got lazy, in terms of expectations. We need to start setting our sights a bit higher.

Potential.

This

The fact that he does have the potential, but he isn't(or wasn't) working hard to fulfil it and has(or had) the wrong attitude

People will back him because they can see it and they want him to turn out to be the player he can be

Slaters, various reasons, but whatever I say they will probably just write he is garbage, something on those lines...

He's been a magnet for attention good or bad and the reason he gets so much attention from fans is because someone will always have a say in either corner.

I'd rather hear nothing about him and see him do what he's actually at the club for - needs to prove he's  not all mouth for me.