Madine to play tomorrow

Chris Maguire is another one, oh and don't forget Joe Mattock.

Difference is that they were never given a chance. I've seen enough of Madine to realise he ain't good enough at Championship level. Flat track bully in League 1 will be the peak of his career.

He wasn't good enough even before he went to jail. This club is progressing from League 1 to Championship, and we need to bring in players of a higher quality, if we need to keep moving forward.

I disagree. I think we need to give him the chance to do the same as others have done under Gray. It appears that he will get this chance too.

You might be right in your view that he is not capable of progressing to being a good Championship performer. But we'll only know after seeing how he does under the new regime.

Difference is that they were never given a chance. I've seen enough of Madine to realise he ain't good enough at Championship level. Flat track bully in League 1 will be the peak of his career.

I would like to see him have a chance under Gray's guidance, like Maguire, Mattock and Lee, I think he'll come good.

I would like to see him have a chance under Gray's guidance, like Maguire, Mattock and Lee, I think he'll come good.

Only time will tell. I think he'll pop up at Carlisle, go for a nominal fee in the summer, and be in the paper in a few years for all the wrong reasons.

Only time will tell. I think he'll pop up at Carlisle, go for a nominal fee in the summer, and be in the paper in a few years for all the wrong reasons.

Certainly possible but as you say; only time will tell. The important thing now is that he starts from a level playing field . The rest is up to him.

Isn't that exactly what everyone said about Semedo? And some said about Palmer? And Helan (jury's still out imo)? And players like Gabby Agbonlahor on loan, looked like an extremely average player.

Guest CageFightingOwl

In my opinion and from what i have seen, Gaz is the best finisher at the club, i believe he's suffered in a team with very little service. 

He wasnt given much of a chance in a pretty poor side last season.

With Maguire, Palmer, Maghoma and Mattock recently looking to cross early we have been creating chances.

Im not getting on Nuhiu's back because i rate him and think he will get better but Madine would have scored many of those chances that Nuhiu couldnt finish.

I would have a guess that in a SG side Madine will get back to scoring.

All the other players were given clean slates under SG and look at the success its gained, time for Madine to be given his chance.

Good Luck Gary Madine

WAWAW

Vulva would rather we'd not develop promising players, but get rid of them and bring in the sort of misfit journeymen our wage budget allows.

Also how are we going to know that he can prove himself in the Championship by playing for another team in League 1 or 2. Some folk on here can't even spell logic.

I can see the merits in loaning him for a month but after that we need to see if he can hack it at this level. Between now and may could be perfect provided we stay out of the battle at the bottom

We know he's a damn good player at league 1 level, so what the hell is sending him out on loan going to prove???

Answers on a postcard to that one!!!!

We know he's a damn good player at league 1 level, so what the hell is sending him out on loan going to prove???

Answers on a postcard to that one!!!!

I guess the suggestion was for him to regain match fitness. I'd prefer him to be kept here but I can see why some would argue that match fitness and sharpness might be achieved more quickly in competitive League 1 matches than pottering around in friendlies etc here followed by cameos off the bench.

If we can get the Gary Madine back from 2011-12, we have an excellent young striker on our books. He's done his time and the club is willing to give him a fresh start, fair enough, it's not like he's a rapist or murderer is it? Good luck Gary.

He wasn't good enough even before he went to jail. This club is progressing from League 1 to Championship, and we need to bring in players of a higher quality, if we need to keep moving forward.

You may be right, but most of the players looked rubbish under Jones and now look at them. He should be given a chance and if he succeeds then all well and good.

It would be daft for the club to do this....

They've already said he's staying, to go back on this would reflect badly on the club.

Madine's a young lad who is desperate to restart his career, he barely played last season & when he did it was under Mr Grumpy and his stifling tactics. As well as the fact that he had a court case and a likely prison sentence hanging over him. Being kept out the side by Howard/Sidibe/Bothroyd and facing a prison sentence isn't good motivation for anyone. 

I reckon we'll see the same Madine we saw in league one. Scoring plenty of goals and being a fans favourite again

He couldnt hack it in the champioship last season ,so why does anyone think he can score goals in the championship now. ? Good league one striker ,not up to championship standard .

The club arn't daft. Not anymore. Get him fit, get him out on loan scoring a few goals and then sell in the summer for as much as possible. Draw a line under the whole affair, as quickly as possible.

Sell him to a league rival which will potentially come back to bite us in the arse. Logikz

Guest intercity0wl

Good sign that he's fit enough to even play a reserve game this soon into his release, unless it's only going to be a 20 minute cameo.

Nowts changed then.

Edited by intercity0wl

He couldnt hack it in the champioship last season ,so why does anyone think he can score goals in the championship now. ? Good league one striker ,not up to championship standard .

I think because some think his attitude might have changed. Some think he might have matured a bit both physically and emotionally. Some also want to see if he can improve under Gray as others have done.

I just think its worth seeing how it works out over the next couple of months rather than just writing him off as despite last season I think he has it in him. We'll see.