Carlisle United to land 90,000 if Madine plays

Gary Madine’s return to the fold at Sheffield Wednesday could be complicated by the fact that the Owls will have to pay out nearly £100,000 when he makes his next league appearance.

Not true. They already missed out on that payment.

Guest james.taylor1982

This is true, shows that Wednesday are serious about him coming back, with a clear head he will be a quality player for us, 23 years old massive future at Wednesday if he stays clean,

Guest IN MILAN WE RUST

Gary Madine’s return to the fold at Sheffield Wednesday could be complicated by the fact that the Owls will have to pay out nearly £100,000 when he makes his next league appearance.

I will give milan that not to play the useless cnut!

Well they could have sacked him without a moments hesitation so they are hardly gonna keep a player and pay him when he could be off the books completley.

I think im saying no story here chaps.

Proven at this level costs at least a seven figure fee. Next !!!!!

Unsure how much it would cost to loan someone proven at this level of the Wickham or Fryatt ilk but if that money could've been used more wisely then we wouldn't be stuck with inexperienced strikers. Best is our only proven striker at this level which is pretty poor. Hopefully we'll stay up or else MM will look a right ***.

Guest Gary Wylie

It isnt true, he had to make a certain amount of league apperances before the 75th min but it only accounted for last season. They missed out by 3mins lol

http://www.newsandstar.co.uk/carlisle-united/latest/carlisle-utd-miss-out-on-madine-payout-by-three-minutes-1.1056981

wrong link that's another clause, http://www.newsandstar.co.uk/carlisle-united/latest/carlisle-utd-net-90-000-if-gary-madine-plays-for-sheff-weds-again-1.1119429 

How do they know that, even Carlisle declined to comment it says at the bottom, i say BS.

Heres the link to the Carlisle official site moaning about missing out on it, if they knew it carried over another season i doubt they would admit to missing out if indeed they would get paid the following season.

http://www.carlisleunited.co.uk/news/article/madinetransferclause20may13-828409.aspx?

Edited by RichieB

Guest Gary Wylie

How do they know that, even Carlisle declined to comment it says at the bottom, i say BS.

Heres the link to the Carlisle official site moaning about missing out on it, if they knew it carried over another season i doubt they would admit to missing out if indeed they would get paid the following season.

http://www.carlisleunited.co.uk/news/article/madinetransferclause20may13-828409.aspx?

its not bs obviously its a different clause, the club were moaning a season ago as they needed the money more at that point. 

its not bs obviously its a different clause, the club were moaning a season ago as they needed the money more at that point. 

Its not a different clause, the link you provided stated - 'News & Star Sport has established that the clause which almost benefited the Blues last season over the striker still remains' they then go on to say 'the club declined to comment at the bottom' i say its BS.

It is the same clause that Carlisle themselves were moaning about on their website. Thats what your link thinks too as stated above.

think its bull crap, only thing papers are good at saying.

That fact their local paper says 'News & Star Sport has established that the clause which almost benefited the Blues last season over the striker still remains' and then state at the bottom the 'the club declined to comment'

Well how on earth have they 'established' the clause remains if the club 'declined to comment' when contacted lol

Thats BS to me.