GARY MADINE GOAL MACHINE

I can see where you're coming from, but the man has wasted his talent and career so far by being a complete fool and a thug.

I'd avoid people like him on the street and yet just because he's a footballer he can have has many chances he wants to steal a living, I'm sorry but this brings shame onto our club, he's scum.

Loads of people get many chances. I know a lad who's been in and out of prison most of his adult life for various things including violence. Last time he was in he got whatever it is you need to work on the railways in maintenance and he's out now earning a lot more than me.

It's nowt to do with Madine being a footballer. He's been treated the same as a lot of people.

Fact is morals aside, he's a saleable asset and MM isn't gonna start chucking money away. He'd only end up playing somewhere else and we'd be out of pocket.

Reading between the lines, I don't think MM is going to give him any more chances.

Which part of the statement makes you think that? Was it this;

“We can only condemn his actions as a community-focused football club and make it abundantly clear that no further breach of club rules will be tolerated.

lol

Loads of people get many chances. I know a lad who's been in and out of prison most of his adult life for various things including violence. Last time he was in he got whatever it is you need to work on the railways in maintenance and he's out now earning a lot more than me.

It's nowt to do with Madine being a footballer. He's been treated the same as a lot of people.

Fact is morals aside, he's a saleable asset and MM isn't gonna start chucking money away. He'd only end up playing somewhere else and we'd be out of pocket.

Fair enough if that's right but I'm still ashamed of the club having a criminal thug on our books and wearing the shirt.

I see the point about it making good business sense, and that will probably always take favour over morals, however although it's different

the club took the moral high ground over that proposed money borrowing shirt sponsorship by turning them down on moral grounds.

To me, it sends a bad message to our supporters, in particular our young supporters and any of us who have been victims of thugs like Madine,

who'll continue being paid far more than the majority of us even though he's wasted his talent with foolish acts of criminality, violence, etc

I'd prefer our club to wash our hands with him personally, but it wouldn't make ideal business sense, it's a tough decision but I can see why the club have

given him another chance even though I don't agree with it. Even though a club that shows moral sense and community feeling would give themselves a good reputation

which could in the long run be good business too, if you think about it. 

How many chances does he deserve just because he's a footballer?

Good luck to him but personally I think the club should've washed their hands with him and it brings more shame on to our once great club. :(

Well done Wednesday......they brought Peter Swan back into the fold of this great club.

doubled123456 - You're wrong. He wasn't a goal machine in lge 1 either. He had a purple patch in Sept and Oct of his first full season with us. The rest of his stint that season and the half-season before was average at best.

So he was a goal machine in September and October then?

Well done Wednesday......they brought Peter Swan back into the fold of this great club.

Aye another blot on our reputation but Swan was a gent not a illiterate thug like Madine, it could also be argued that in this day and age Swan and the others may not have been banned like they were today? So I wouldn't tar them with the same brush as Madine who is a repeated criminal thug, who has had numerous chances to get back on the right track. 

Aye another blot on our reputation but Swan was a gent not a illiterate thug like Madine, it could also be argued that in this day and age Swan and the others may not have been banned like they were today? So I wouldn't tar them with the same brush as Madine who is a repeated criminal thug, who has had numerous chances to get back on the right track.

Not a blot as far as I'm concerned. Could argue that we are helping with his rehabilitation. Charitable almost. Edited by Dagmeister

RichieB - Wickham and Maguire have had similar, if not better, runs recently for us.

Do we hear them being called goal machines? And both are far better players than Madine imo.

I agree their better players no doubt. Was just pointing out Madine is capable of going on a scoring run too with the right service. Admittedly that was in the league below.

Not a blot as far as I'm concerned. Could argue that we are helping with his rehabilitation. Charitable almost.

How much rehabilitating does he need? After his arson and repeated criminal violence? 

There's charity and there's handouts but would you give handouts to someone who beat up your brother or father or set your house alight or threatened you or something?

Clubs have a duty to their community and we've got families and kids who support our club, Madine is a poor role model and it's things like this that will worsen our reputation,

which could be a bad thing when our chairman is looking to sell the club. The refusing of the money lending shirt sponsorship was the opposite and shed the club in good light,

something like this will damage our reputation.

What about Joe Mattock?

He smacked two blokes and two women in a brawl. Lucky to escape a custodial sentence by all accounts, SWFC still brought him to the club. 

The moral compass that is Owlstalk is very selective it seems. Would have been interesting to see the reaction had he been locked up during the L1 season, when he was at his best.

Guest Sheff Owl

I repeat...

People talk about trusting MM, saying he knows what he's doing, say he's always delivered and he pushed us on every season.

Yet it was his decision regarding Madine, he will have spoke to Madine, he will have outlined what is acceptable and not from now on...YET..are people going to moan at MM?

Yes Madine has been stupid, yes Madine should know better but is he the only footballer that has done wrong? There been other footballers that have done a lot worse than Madine and carried on playing football were loved by that clubs supporters?

It's all because it's Gary Madine and he was rubbish under Dave Jones, said it before if this was a Reda, Kirkland or a Semedo they would be welcome back with open arms.

The current England captain cracked someone in a bar, same scenario.

That's not justification for Madine, but it offers some perspective.

He's got a chance here to build a career with a club thats stuck by him, lets hope he takes it and the decision to keep him benefits everyone involved.

I'm interested to see how he performs under Gray.