Madine

Another example of how a player magically becomes a brilliant player when they are not playing...

He was rubbish the last time he played....I bet the people singing that stoopid song were the ones boo'ing him the last time he was on the pitch..

Time will tell whether he'll go on to be a better footballer and better person. I am pleased he's being given the chance again with us. It's up to him now.

Under Dave Jones Madine played like a player with no self confidence and other things on his mind.

If you were sat on the bench week after week watching Sidibe, Howard and Bothroyd playing poorly in your position and knowing about the looming court case, how focused would anybody have been?

We've seen with Maguire that you can be a good player who is not in the team, depending on whether you had the confidence and support of your manager/head coach.

Shoot me down in flames if you want, but this lad has it in him to become our best forward since Sir David if he gets his head right, but then again I've forgot that most people on here have never made a mistake or done anything wrong and can never remember a time when they have benefited from a second chance at any point in their own lives.

Under Dave Jones Madine played like a player with no self confidence and other things on his mind.

If you were sat on the bench week after week watching Sidibe, Howard and Bothroyd playing poorly in your position and knowing about the looming court case, how focused would anybody have been?

We've seen with Maguire that you can be a good player who is not in the team, depending on whether you had the confidence and support of your manager/head coach.

Shoot me down in flames if you want, but this lad has it in him to become our best forward since Sir David if he gets his head right, but then again I've forgot that most people on here have never made a mistake or done anything wrong and can never remember a time when they have benefited from a second chance at any point in their own lives.

Yes; the effect of confidence or lack of is often huge.

FWIW, I know Manwithastick lost a very good friend through the same actions that Gary Madine got sent down for. It's obviously very emotive for him and very sad.

So anyone negging or telling him to give it a rest, there you have your reason not too.