Madine Out - Confirmed

Guest _Ibbo_

Yeah good he's been on the weight benches that will make up for 6 months lost training no worries. That's all footballers do, lift weights.

And running away from the sisters

I wish I could tell you that Gary fought the good fight and the Sisters let him be.

But prison ain't no fairy tale.

Edited by southportdc

Still think he should have been sacked when found guilty - but he's done his time, is still contracted to us, and hopefully will have grown up a bit.

Welcome back Gary, time to start banging the goals in again.

He couldn't be sacked until appeal had been completed, apparently. 

Guest markowl123

Don't understand how people are still trying to make a case about why he shouldn't be near our club.

He's done his time, give him a chance

If he has genuinely learned his lesson, good luck to him, but I doubt that. I worked with the mother of one of the lads he was locked up for assaulting, and he and his mate who shared a house with him, had to leave their property rather swiftly when Madine was locked up, because of threats against their life, made by "someone, who claimed to be Madine's uncle". Yesterday I was talking to a Derby fan from Chesterfield who's mates of two or three of our squad members, and who was given two tickets in the South by one of our players. He's a decent enough youth, but was threatened and spat on during the game on Tuesday by a big fat slob in a blue track suit (he showed me a photo on his phone) who claimed to be a mate of Madine's.

If Madine is going to come out of prison and continue to associate with idiots like these, how on earth is he going to move on with his life?

He was in trouble when he was on loan at Chesterfield, was in trouble when at Carlisle and has had his latest bit of trouble whilst being employed by Wednesday. I hope he smartens himself up, but just doubt it.

Yes that's one extreme. The converse being that he's in fact the Devil risen.

Personally I go with the view that he's a bloke that's done wrong, been punished and now wants to get on with his life and career.

Agree with you though that any returning hero tweets would be about as crass as abusive ones. No chance of stopping them though more's the pity. I hope he's matured sufficiently as a result of his experience to be able to treat them all with the approriate level of seriousness, good or bad

@garymadine9 @powuk @simon_stead @26rlr Welcome back pal - it's been too long

@garymadine9 @powuk @simon_stead @26rlr Welcome home Gary Madine pic.twitter.com/Oqr5XohZr7

GARY MADINE released http://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic/209583-madine-out-confirmed/ â€¦

Owlstalk.co.uk â€@Owlstalk  26m

Gary Madine discussion after his release http://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic/209583-madine-out-confirmed/ â€¦ pic.twitter.com/uPcM3HYemc

The striker we need to fire us to the Cup Final ? http://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic/209583-madine-out-confirmed/ â€¦ pic.twitter.com/9tVUi5Rl3G

Lots of love for @GaryMadine9 after todays news http://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic/209583-madine-out-confirmed/ â€¦ pic.twitter.com/Vm4RpIsehJ

The news #swfc fans have needed @GaryMadine9 released http://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic/209583-madine-out-confirmed/ â€¦ pic.twitter.com/yImHflzies

GARY MADINE GOAL MACHINE http://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic/209583-madine-out-confirmed/ â€¦ pic.twitter.com/TUJ8ZPFkDi

Madine Out - Confirmed: Gary Madine @GaryMadine9  POW @powuk  20m Team Pow has jus... http://bit.ly/1h9RZQ6  #SWFC #sheffield

Guest Sheff Owl

Some of the reactions are mental. I missed the part where Gary Madine murdered someone?

Joe Mattock was also one a night out and punched someone is he a thug too?

If it was Reda, or Kirkland there wouldn't be a word said and everyone will be welcoming them back with open arms, it's because it's Gary Madine.

He wasn't the only player who either didn't perform or given a chance under DJ like some other players.

This will be Gary Madines last chance so it's up to him.

He's probably still got a bit of a way to go before he gets all of the fans backing him again - like he says he lot of people down but mainly himself.

Glad to see he's starting off on the the right foot and hope he can keep himself away from bad influences now he's out.

Big chance for him again - a lot of people would kill for the chance to be a pro footballer and he needs not to micturate the chance away - good luck Gary.

If he has genuinely learned his lesson, good luck to him, but I doubt that. I worked with the mother of one of the lads he was locked up for assaulting, and he and his mate who shared a house with him, had to leave their property rather swiftly when Madine was locked up, because of threats against their life, made by "someone, who claimed to be Madine's uncle". Yesterday I was talking to a Derby fan from Chesterfield who's mates of two or three of our squad members, and who was given two tickets in the South by one of our players. He's a decent enough youth, but was threatened and spat on during the game on Tuesday by a big fat slob in a blue track suit (he showed me a photo on his phone) who claimed to be a mate of Madine's.

If Madine is going to come out of prison and continue to associate with idiots like these, how on earth is he going to move on with his life?

He was in trouble when he was on loan at Chesterfield, was in trouble when at Carlisle and has had his latest bit of trouble whilst being employed by Wednesday. I hope he smartens himself up, but just doubt it.

One of my concerns is that he might continue to be badly led or influenced by the wrong types. It may that this will be made difficult too by those very people being the ones who gave him most support whils he was inside.

From a pragmatic standpoint, any decision as to his future with the club should reference this possibility and appropriate steps taken.

I'm legit excited by this.

No Dave Jones.

No more court case/legal worries.

A team that's providing plenty of chances for strikers.

Let's see how what Gary Madine is all about taking all that into account. I'd absolutely love for him to come back firing and the addition of a hungry young striker to the team would be a lift for everyone. He's done his time for some moments of stupidity. Time to move on. Ball is in his court now.

Welcome back Goal Machine.