Got chatting to a Barnsley player on Monday...

Guest JonTheOwl66

Guest JonTheOwl66

Been fairly busy past few days so haven't had chance to post this, but I was talking to a Barnsley player last Monday (the 23rd) and found a few things he said pretty interesting.

I hadn't seen him for a while, and asked him what he thought about the situation at Barnsley and said 'Pleased with Danny Wilson as manager. He's already changing things.. Wednesday should have gone for him'

And so I asked him what he thought about us, and his reply was 'You're going down. You've got a pretty poor squad, the spine of your team is awful. And your best player is injured' (Antonio)

Obviously it shocked me a little how abrupt he was about it, but he said Jones has left us in a real mess... And it's a shame cos he loves the atmosphere of Barnsley-Wednesday derbies but thinks we're going down.

I said, so you think Barnsley will stay up then? And he goes, yeah of course. I have to. We've been playing some good football at times this year but just lack that killer instinct and that's why we're struggling'

Last thing I said on the topic was, who do you think will go down? His response - Donny, Wednesday and Yeovil.

Quite a bizarre conversation but thought it was quite interesting. He really ripped into us, I know he isn't a huge fan of the youth set-up, think its a joke, but he has always said we've got a good team - but this time he really thought we were poor.

Guest JonTheOwl66

My only surprise is that this 'shocked' you!

:tango:

Like i said, he's usually fairly professional about it... Says you know Jones was doing a decent job, got a goof group of players and things will work out etc etc.

But not this time. Maybe the relegation battle is getting to them, or they're bitter about not winning that game at Oakwell?

He's hardly going to admit to you that he'll be going down with the rest of the dingles, especially since they've just got Wilson back on board. The only Brazilians they'll be watching is their players, who are all a bunch of fannies. Yeovil, Charlton and Barnsley will go down.

He sounds dead right to me. Nice that you got a straight chat out of him, rather than some talking-without-saying-anything, keep the fan happy nonsense.

I think Doncaster's form will collapse, they've not got a lot going for them and some of their results have masked a lack of squad depth and poor performances.

Not sure about Barnsley being a good football team that only lack killer instinct though. The Arsenal of the Championship? Bollxocks.

Guest JonTheOwl66

He's hardly going to admit to you that he'll be going down with the rest of the dingles, especially since they've just got Wilson back on board. The only Brazilians they'll be watching is their players, who are all a bunch of fannies. Yeovil, Charlton and Barnsley will go down.

Yeah, you're right.

Like I said, I know the guy though. He's not been playing recently and I believe he wants a move away from Barnsley. He wouldn't admit it but a few people have said he's not happy with Barnsley at the moment.

Type of player we should be looking at in all honesty. Not that he'd ever come here but anyway.

Guest JonTheOwl66

He sounds dead right to me. Nice that you got a straight chat out of him, rather than some talking-without-saying-anything, keep the fan happy nonsense.

I think Doncaster's form will collapse, they've not got a lot going for them and some of their results have masked a lack of squad depth and poor performances.

Not sure about Barnsley being a good football team that only lack killer instinct though. The Arsenal of the Championship? Bollxocks.

lol

I admit I laughed at the last bit. And he went, well at times anyway.

Out of all that conversation I didn't find any of it interesting.

You'd probably prefer the chat about his bird straight afterwards.

lol

I admit I laughed at the last bit. And he went, well at times anyway.

You'd probably prefer the chat about his bird straight afterwards.

now you've got mi interested jon, go on!