Ten years after Turner

And we are just as bad, chilling thought isn't it?... that ten years have passed and this club is still in a shocking state of affairs.

Seriously, If we do go down our gates this time round will plummet, in fact, I reckon if we were to have a very average season in League one we could see gates of 14k

Coming up to 14 years since we dropped from the prem and in that time we've finished in the top half of the 2nd division what? twice? Pretty shocking

record for a club like ours. We really have been run terribly.

A club like ours? In what respect mate?...We need to drop this illousion that we are something more than a yo yo side going from 3rd to 2nd tier. Granted the fans set us apart but just look around on match days at Hillsborough. Cheap, soulless, shell of perhaps a once great football club. The entire ground needs knocking down if and when the illusive investment arrives.

I hear you mate. I think it would be nice to move away from the disaster stigma. To build a ground that we can actually fill on a regular basis, create an atmosphere that doesn't get lost somewhere down tailtone road on a windy day. Lets not get started on the catering lol I mean it all filters down doesn't it

the entire ground doesn't need knocking down at all. Granted some parts need updating but ask the away fans which view gives them a nice view compared to st james pk and old Trafford etc . Most away fans love the away view at Hillsborough

Yep, that's the impression I get when I talk to away fans .

Deep in the bosom of the gentle night

Is when I search for the light

Pick up my pen and start to write

I struggle, fight dark forces

In the clear moon light

Without fear... insomnia

I can't get no sleep

I used to worry, thought I was goin' mad in a hurry

Gettin' stress, makin' excess mess in darkness

No electricity, something's all over me, greasy

Insomnia please release me and let me dream of

Makin' mad love to my girl on the heath

Tearin' off tights with my teeth

But there's no release, no peace

I throw and turn without cease

Like a curse, open my eyes and rise like yeast

At least a couple of weeks

Since I last slept, kept takin' sleepers

But now I keep myself pepped

Deeper still, that night I write by candle light

I find insight, fundamental movement, uh

So when it's back this insomniac take an original tack

Keep the beast in my nature under ceaseless attack

I gets no sleep

I can't get no sleep

I can't get no sleep

I can't get no sleep

I need to sleep, although I get no sleep

I need to sleep, although I get no sleep

We're not as bad as 10 years ago...no way. We're in a better league, we have a better team, we have a better academy, we are financially more stable.

It's pretty sh*t right now. But we're no where near the lows of back then.

Yep - all true. Comparisons with us then are ridiculous and stupid and just making current situation worse

It was ironically a game v Bournemouth when we lost 1-0 and it was abject. I got to my Mum's after the game in High Green and proclaimed that was me done. 20 minutes later Turner had gone and i reversed my decision. At times yesterday whilst accepting it is not that bad it felt nothing had really changed since that match

And we are just as bad, chilling thought isn't it?... that ten years have passed and this club is still in a shocking state of affairs.

Seriously, If we do go down our gates this time round will plummet, in fact, I reckon if we were to have a very average season in League one we could see gates of 14k

Does this mean we are 5 years late for European football?

It was ironically a game v Bournemouth when we lost 1-0 and it was abject. I got to my Mum's after the game in High Green and proclaimed that was me done. 20 minutes later Turner had gone and i reversed my decision. At times yesterday whilst accepting it is not that bad it felt nothing had really changed since that match

Nothing's changed? What did you think would have changed?

Well that match 10 years ago was a personal low in watching Wednesday. Ok i went to the game in 76 when a defeat would have consigned us to Div 4 but i was a whipper snapper then

I thought post the bourbon crew and a well known football man coming in with MM, and a clean slate of sorts financially that we would have progressed on the field. However the football first half was so poor yesterday, couple that with no manager and financial problems, the owner seemingly dis-interested, the lack of a visible long term plan and it just felt as shambolic as that Turner era. It isn't but the feelgood factor has gone and the future direction of swfc really concerns me