Happy Birthday Chrissy Waddle

I doubt we'll ever see a Wednesday player become the Premier League's player of the season ever again during my lifetime.

I'm glad I saw Waddle during that magnificent season when he was the country's top player in the top flight whilst a Wednesday player.

And I'm glad I saw the likes of Waddle; Sheridan, Hirst, Nilsson, Harkes, Di Canio and Carbone whilst they were in their pomp in our famous blue and white stripes.

I feel sorry for the poor buggers who were not born or not old enough to have seen how good we were back then.

Waddle was a magnificent and classy player and a joy to watch. So many great memories including the Cup runs and the famous free kick at Wembley against the Blunts but also the way he terrorised the Hammers in the Waddle game and so many teams with his mazy runs, accurate crosses and his eye of a needle passing.

I doubt we'll ever see a Wednesday player become the Premier League's player of the season ever again during my lifetime.

I'm glad I saw Waddle during that magnificent season when he was the country's top player in the top flight whilst a Wednesday player.

And I'm glad I saw the likes of Waddle; Sheridan, Hirst, Nilsson, Harkes, Di Canio and Carbone whilst they were in their pomp in our famous blue and white stripes.

I feel sorry for the poor buggers who were not born or not old enough to have seen how good we were back then.

Waddle was a magnificent and classy player and a joy to watch. So many great memories including the Cup runs and the famous free kick at Wembley against the Blunts but also the way he terrorised the Hammers in the Waddle game and so many teams with his mazy runs, accurate crosses and his eye of a needle passing.

That about sums it up !