Madine in his way out

I really like Madine but is it just me who thinks he doesn't actually do much?

Yesterday for example, he trots around looking very purposeful but other than the fact we would have only had 10 men on the pitch I think you could have taken him off the and there wouldn't have been a noticeable difference.

Edited by Spookone

Guest Fedor

Madine is poor. Doesnt attack balls in the box., his movement is poor in and out of the box . Looks like he lacks desire.

People banging on about only having 3 strikers I think jones considers Antonio JJ and Maghoma to be able to play up front too. Have the big lad up front with JJ/Antonio playing off him and Helan on the left and Maghoma on the right or playing off him if Antonio/JJ is on the right. Will have bags of pace and options. So Madine could find himself 4th choice if maguire puts in a performance.

Guest Kagoshimaowl

Maybe this lad will make Gary step up to the plate.  Hopefully the transfer will work as he has good pedigree!

madine will only step up to the plate if he wants to.but im afraid he has fell into the " im gary madine a pro footballer with wednesday".shame really but its his choice and i think by christmas he will be back at a league 1 club.

Spot on for me this, unless he can change very quick, stop his stupid tweets and starts to concentrate on his football he'll be playing in L1, shame because i'm sure he can do it, just haven't got the time for bill big bollx stuff anymore.

Proudlock was another one, some of the stuff I saw when he was out on his crutches was unreal, we don't need them here ta.

This new guy doesn't appear to be a regular scorer, what is it, one in five? He looks as if he can add something to the team but there are no guarantees it will be goals. Both JJ and Antonio can play up front if needed but again, neither are goal scorers. I'm still hopeful we'll bring a goalscorer in, but until we do, it's a bit premature to talk about getting rid of our current number nine.

I thought Madine looked well up for it last night. Iv been a critic in the past but if he sticks his nut down he's worth havin in the squad. If he got a chance and bagged a couple I think we could see a proper striker emerge.

Obviously lacking confidence but its no wonder if he spends his time reading owlstalk.

Madine will not leave, we need him.

Funny how things come around, people forget the season he had in league 1, we were all standing in the stands chanting 'Gary Madine Goal Machine'.

The lad has quality, you can see his touch and vision is there. I hope he gets a shot this time, i really do.

No we don't, sooner he realises that is when he becomes a better player.

I beg to differ, a young striker proven in League 1.

Given little time last season in my opinion.

Therefore still a poit to prove in this league.

To say he is not needed is crazy, let me guess Maguire is not needed as well??

If we only had one player for each position we are rather stuffed, so he is required. Jones as i hope you know gives everyone a fair crack as proven with Coke and therefore Jones plays the squad not a team of 11 players and subs.... Madine is part of the squad and is needed more than most seem to think.

Edited by n_v_owls

If he did note rate him he would be gone by now...DJ knows there's a good player in there that is why he keeps playing him

Longest fewking hibernation I've seen Dave - ship him out I say then I might get served quicker on West Street :tango:

Guest wadsleyjackowl

Too much of a pacifist at the moment, needs a rocket up his arse.

Remember Preston when he got wound up and ran the show.

I'd love to see him take his frustrations out on the pitch and act upon them...last season v Preston he was awesome...but too infrequent. Needs Duncan Fergusson to coach him the way on the pitch! Joking aside Big Dunc is the way Gaz needs to take his game as that is the type of goals he scores...balls in from wide.

I'm not in the Madine out brigade, I know what he can do. This isn't league one though, he needs to adapt quickly (best decision for his development) or go on loan. He's certainly not irreplaceable as you're suggesting.

I never said he was irreplaceable, but to come think it he probably is.

We are working on a shoe string budget, can we really afford to get rid of him and replace with someone better? The answer is no. He is young and talented, thats what Jones likes. Look at people like Corry an McCabe to an extent, all quality players for the future of this club.

Weve not spent all that money on Madine for no reason.