Gary Madine

Guest Maverick26

Last year was make or break?! Whatever.

How many seasons would you like to give him? Championship defenders had an absolute field day with him. The only game he played half well was when we played Barnsley and he got some luck against their Tiny Tim, L1 standard defenders.

Guest Maverick26

Madine has had one bad season in his time here and that was largely Dave Jones messing him about. His first full season his goals saw her promoted. Gt off his back and support the best young striker we have had in years. Let him fulfill his potential.

Guest Nejc_Pe�nik

Madine has had one bad season in his time here and that was largely Dave Jones messing him about. His first full season his goals saw her promoted. Gt off his back and support the best young striker we have had in years. Let him fulfill his potential.

Or maybe it was because he's clearly not good enough. We have supported him, whilst he's on the pitch, that doesn't change the fact he's crap. He's a league one player at best. 

rounduns down to DJ messing him about hes a grown man and a professional footballer

He should be ready to grab the shirt with both hands when opportunities present themselves he hasn't yet hopefully this season he will but wether he does or not is down to him.

Guest Maverick26

Shut up. Madine took his chances on quite a few occasions just to be dropped. Even JJ was made to sit on the sides whilst Jones unfairly persisted with JB. In many ways I hope Madine does leave Wednesday and goes on to play for a team that appreciates him.

Shut up. Madine took his chances on quite a few occasions just to be dropped. Even JJ was made to sit on the sides whilst Jones unfairly persisted with JB. In many ways I hope Madine does leave Wednesday and goes on to play for a team that appreciates him.

lol

Guest swfc4_1

madine had a good start to last season, but since then, he's not been good enough, so loan players have had to fill the void. madine has potential, but last season (as someone has already said) if we had stuck with him, we would have been relegated. he imo needs a loan move to build his confidence.

Guest Maverick26

Put forward your points as to why you believe he's good enough then.

Madine is a goal scorer who relies on service. Once he starts missing chance after chance supplied by crosses I will say he is not good enough. Grant Holt.

Madine is a goal scorer who relies on service. Once he starts missing chance after chance supplied by crosses I will say he is not good enough. Grant Holt.

Other than his 20+ season 2 years ago what has he done?

Think Grant Holt has a bit more about it, can actually hold up a ball and put others into the game.

I'll say it 'till I'm blue in the face. . .

Madine will score 20+ this season if he gets the right service.

He's 6ft+, he's not a creative striker, he's a poacher. It's very rare that he scores from outside the box. 90% of his goals for us have been when the chance is gift wrapped for him by Marshall/Treacy etc...

With the right service he'll be a great striker for us. 

Guest Maverick26

grant holt showed no more then what Madine has whilst both here. Madine has potential to be better than Holt. He has more to his game.

Guest wilyfox

That's his biggest problem...you have to put it on a plate for him. Plus we don't currently have that type of winger.