Gary Madine

Guest Maverick26

Guest Maverick26

What are our thoughts on how he will so this season? One of Jones biggest mistakes last season was his handling of Madine. People forget Madine is young and his confidence can easily be shattered. Jones should be able to acknowledge which players need a rocket and which players need a cuddle. Put yourself in Madines boots. He had to watch Bothroyd play around 14 inept games for us without ever looking like he would be dropped. Not once was Madine given this opportunity and in the few games he did play he contributed more then Bothroyd. Also, the lack of service is astonishing. For a striker who has proved heirs lethal at attacking crosses into the box, we have not once looked to find a replacement for this type of winger Madine thrived on in League 1. If you are striker and make ten runs into the box in good positions only for JJ or Antonio to find row Z it must be disheartening. I am truly astounded that our management team have not gone all guns lazing for a cultured winger! It is criminal!

Guest Maverick26

How Jones handled Madine? Fooksake if we had played him any more we'd have got relegated.

You Sir, are an idiot.

I hope he does well this season. I think last season he struggled, was bullied far too much by defenders. But i like Madine, think he's got the ability...just needs to change few parts of his game, and keep his nose clean.  He doesn't come across as delicate as the OP alludes to.

Guest Maverick26

I hope he does well this season. I think last season he struggled, was bullied far too much by defenders. But i like Madine, think he's got the ability...just needs to change few parts of his game, and keep his nose clean. He doesn't come across as delicate as the OP alludes to.

Just because he appears quite extroverted and laddish does not mean anything. Lee Bullen once said Lee Peacok was the most mentally fragile in the promotion team. He would ponder on little mistakes and it would effect his game. Peacock to the untrained eye seemed very confident.

Guest SW1992

Actually got to agree with the OP!

Madine needs crosses and DJ should realise this, either play to his strenghts or get him out on loan and get him playing!