Playing with Waddle, Hirst etc

Next month I will be playing alongside Chris Waddle, David Hirst, Matt Hamshaw, Graham Lee, Carlton Palmer etc for charity, I feel privileged to be playing alongside player I used to cheer as a lad, also I have the chance of playing "against" Curtis Woodhouse :) 

I played against Waddle and his son Jack, Sheridan, Hirsty, Bullen, Julian Watts (remember him?!) and the superstar that was David Graham a couple of months back. Was absolutely amazing and so surreal at first to see them out on the pitch with you but you have to try and put the fan in you to one side and just get on with the game. Hirsty has got a gob on him so will let you know if you aren't pulling your weight lol

The match is being played at Hillsborough Arena in memory of my late Uncle who passed away aged 43 in March.

If anyone wants ticket details (they're £3) please PM me, it's going to be a good day!

Waddle is still surprisingly mobile! I expected him to just get the ball and ping it around but he was up and down like a young 'un! He was knackered by the end though. As for Hirsty, I'll just say he isn't quite the player nowadays that we all remember him being.....

Bullen is just as solid but unspectacular as always, and David Graham is just as good as we remember......TO $$!!

Guest dunellaowl

Is it the charity match at hillsborough sports arena?? Isnt ryan rhodes playing in that? Get rhodesy on woodhouse! By the way ryan if you read this i want my scarf back!!!!!

A bit off topic, but I remember a few years ago seeing Waddle and Hirst playing for an over 35 team ( Brunsmeer  I think ? ) in Graves Park of all places.

Quite a crowd gathered to watch, a lot more than the usual one man and his dog.

Never thought I'd see either playing football in a park where most if not all of my football career was played out.

UTO's

A bit off topic, but I remember a few years ago seeing Waddle and Hirst playing for an over 35 team ( Brunsmeer  I think ? ) in Graves Park of all places.

Quite a crowd gathered to watch, a lot more than the usual one man and his dog.

Never thought I'd see either playing football in a park where most if not all of my football career was played out.

UTO's

reckon it was Brunsmere ,woodseats

Next month I will be playing alongside Chris Waddle, David Hirst, Matt Hamshaw, Graham Lee, Carlton Palmer etc for charity, I feel privileged to be playing alongside player I used to cheer as a lad, also I have the chance of playing "against" Curtis Woodhouse :) 

Enjoy your day mate, hope all dreams are fulfilled

I think it was Brunsmeer  Trev, some of my mates (Blades fans) were playing for the other team that day .A few tried and failed to kick Waddlers knee caps off on a few occasions.

Although to give credit where it's due all admired and appreciated playing on the same pitch and were big enough to admit  what a fine player he is,  and were big enough to shake his hand afterwards.

UTO's