Madine out?

http://www.goolecourier.co.uk/sport/local-sport/transfer-rumours-june-12-doncaster-rovers-sheffield-united-sheffield-wednesday-barnsley-manchester-united-newcastle-united-real-madrid-1-5760801

Transfer rumours June 12: Doncaster Rovers, Sheffield United, Sheffield Wednesday, Barnsley, Manchester United, Newcastle United, Real Madrid
752809612.jpg

Published on 12/06/2013 13:19

Doncaster Rovers are thought to be interested in Sheffield Wednesday striker Gary Madine.

Madine was restricted to be being a bit-part player for Wednesday last year, and is thought to want a move away.

Madine could replace Billy Paynter in Paul Dickov’s squad, after Bolton took an interest in the forward.

Sheffield Wednesday are expected to rubberstamp the sale of striker Chris O’Grady to Barnsley before the end of the week.

O’Grady, who impressed on loan at Barnsley last season, is David Flitcroft’s number one target.

Owls boss Dave Jones is thought to be keeping tabs on Leroy Lita as a replacement.

no way we could recoup the majority of what we paid carlisle, especially if its donny

This is kind of what I was getting at with part of my post re Donny paying our asking price. The problem I have is do we really know what we paid? How was it structured what's actually been paid so far? I was under the impression that we paid 700-800k, but others on here have suggested it was nothing like that.

I want him to stay...he struggling last season, but i think he can take heart from the last few games he played for us- because i thought he started to look good. Build on that and with some experience along side him i think we'll start to see him progress. I think he has more potential than O'Grady.

Needs to stay out of trouble as well.

Keep him and play him with wingers that cross the ball or let him go

Anything else is ridiculous

This!!

It amazes me how people have written off our top goal scorer from our promotion season so quickly.

Here you have a young man in his early 20's who before last season had never played above League 1 level and because he struggled to make the step up, people want to see the back of him.

He's still only very young and he's still learning, what he needs is time to develope, not writing off after 1 season at this level.

Keep him, if he's looking crap by Christmas get rid. But I think he has a lot to give in this league! Beef him up in pre-season and let him bully defences. 

Also, if Kevin Davies did join us, who better to learn the horrible side of the game from for a season? 

Can you expand? Serious question D.

He's still a young player with bags of potential.

No doubt he needs to get his head down but also he needs to be given a fair crack of the whip because no matter what anyone says he wasn't given the chance last year.

15 minutes here and the are no good to him. He showed what a good player he can be against Barnsley - I know their centre-backs weren't up to much that day but no other team gave them such a torrid time towards the end of the season.

He's still a young player with bags of potential.

No doubt he needs to get his head down but also he needs to be given a fair crack of the whip because no matter what anyone says he wasn't given the chance last year.

15 minutes here and the are no good to him. He showed what a good player he can be against Barnsley - I know their centre-backs weren't up to much that day but no other team gave them such a torrid time towards the end of the season.

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^