Milan slams Carlisle over Madine cash leak

Guest intercity0wl

I remember the days when you didn't just have a go at someone but you actually 'rapped' them.

I'd love to see Milan don a baseball cap backwards and start hating on Carlisle with some old school lyrics.

I like it when a manager or player roars.

I remember Ken Bates once saying that if you believed the papers he never 'said' anything, just 'blasted' and 'roared' all the time.

Is my memory playing tricks or didn't we have something similar happen with Craig Armstrong a few years ago? His old club (Huddersfield?) were due another payment once he reached a certain number of appearances so we just didn't give him a game for half a season, even though I think he was on the bench a few times.

I remember Ken Bates once saying that if you believed the papers he never 'said' anything, just 'blasted' and 'roared' all the time.

Is my memory playing tricks or didn't we have something similar happen with Craig Armstrong a few years ago? His old club (Huddersfield?) were due another payment once he reached a certain number of appearances so we just didn't give him a game for half a season, even though I think he was on the bench a few times.

Yeah but that was mostly because he was utterly poo poo.

If Madine wants his 10k just go and issue legal proceedings against carlisle........unless blurting out details of a players personal contract is now allowed.

This will just be their way of saying were skint, this is an example why and we also sold the leagues top scorer for about 50p

Madine wouldn't have a leg to stand on in his case. Just covered contract law at work - only the two parties of a contract can sue each other. Even if the contract is in someone else's benefit (e.g. Madie's) he is not party to the contract as he has not exchanged anything of value in the contract. The two parties are Carlise and Sheffield Wednesday only.

How about Data Protection? Carlisle have just told the world the terms of his contract.

Is your ex-employer allowed to release a press statement confirming to the world how much your new employer pays you and what bonusses you are due?

This is not a plc with shareholders this is a private individual.

Good points , but I think he'd have to prove that he has unfairly been damaged by that data protection breach. i.e. that the disclosure has caused Madine some damage.

In this case I don't think it has - if he were move to any other club how would this clause effect the deal between the two clubs? I don't think it would, except Madine might reasonably ask Sheffield Wednesday why he hasn't played 23 games to trigger the clause. But making it public hasn't really damaged Madine - You can't sue for a bonus that you haven't qualified for.

This incident might explain the actions and tweets of Madine's Uncle/Agent recently.