Wolves Release players

Guest gotcha_Owls

Guest gotcha_Owls

Sylvan Ebanks-Blake, Stephen Hunt and Christophe Berra have been released by Wolves following the club's slide into League One.

The trio are all out of contract this summer and have not been offered fresh terms as Wanderers battle to regain their pride following back-to-back relegations.

Striker Ebanks-Blake topped Wolves' scoring charts this term with 15 goals before breaking his leg at the start of April.

Veteran defender Jody Craddock, also out of contract, has announced his retirement at the age of 37 but will now plan his testimonial year following 10 years' service with the Black Country outfit.

The quartet are not expected to be the only departures, though, with several of the club's more high-profile names expected to leave Molineux this summer, including the likes of Kevin Doyle, Roger Johnson and Bakary Sako.

Wolves have taken up one-year contract options on Danny Batth, George Elokobi, Dave Edwards and Aaron McCarey as well as striker Leigh Griffiths, who has spent the past two seasons on loan at Hibernian - finding the net 28 times this campaign.

Loanees Kaspars Gorkss, Jack Robinson, Nouha Dicko and Slawomir Peszko have each returned to their respective parent clubs while goalkeeper Marian Kello has seen his short-term deal come to an end.

Anyone you would take?

Guest wilyfox

Christophe Berra was really highly rated at one point. What has happened to him?

You could ask that same question of half their squad...

Roger Johnson is a twat, not worth bothering with.

Would take a look at Ebanks Blake, somebody will take a gamble on him but I'm not sure its one we can afford, he's crippled and will want big wages.

Sako will be off somewhere better than us I'd assume, wouldnt mind him here though

Guest Sheff Owl

Unfortunately Johnson seems the most likely of any signings from them given his Cardiff days.

True and Jones does try and sort players out who have had troubled times BUT i would keep well away.

He football has gone to put, he is a shadow of himself, Wolves fans couldn't wait to get rid of him.

Apparently turns up drunk to training. 

STAY WELL CLEAR.

Guest wilyfox

Would take a look at Ebanks Blake, somebody will take a gamble on him but I'm not sure its one we can afford, he's crippled and will want big wages.

He's not crippled. He has a broken leg that will heal and is not expected to cause him long term problems. Anthony Gardner was injured when we signed him. Providing recovery is proceeding as expected, there's no problem.