Madine to start

I think madine should start from the off Saturday. He's a big game player, always seems to find another gear infront of a big crowd, just look at hi last start against Barnsley, he was excellent. Hope he gets the nod, if big Stevie starts i'll be a little disappointed in Jones.

you'd think so. he's more mobile than howard, and lita needs help up there...

can throw howard on later, and just bang everything up there to the bigger two, with the hope of something dropping just right for a shooter...

I know a lot of people want Lita to start, and he's always good for a goal, but if JJ's fit, surely he has to start in behind Madine, he's been unplayable in that position, whereas on the wing he often gets lost and has to rely on other people to give him the ball to get involved.

jj's not fit...

at any age a hamstring healing in under 2 weeks is shifting...

at his age, no way for me...

he's the desperation sub...

Guest Sweet&TenderOwl

Set pieces, JJ and Maguire are our only threats lately. If recent games and are home form are anything to by all eyes and hears are going to be on results elsewhere. Whilst we tediously play out for a 0-0 or 1-0 but have got no creativity or plan B, C, D, E, to resort to other than relying on hoof, pace and set pieces. But without much creation, threat or quality it'll be a comfortable day out for Middlesborough and an uncomfortable one for us for sure. However I expect and hope at least one or two results elsewhere go our way. Can't rely on us to get the goals and points ourselves, especially with the way we play and set up at home.

Edited by Sweet&TenderOwl

really dont understand the Owlstalk crusade for Maguire to start. he was terrible against Peterboro (as a few players were) and i just dont see why we would start with him.

Depends on whether Reda and/or JJ are fit, if they are both need to start.

Guest ChadOwl

jj's not fit...

at any age a hamstring healing in under 2 weeks is shifting...

at his age, no way for me...

he's the desperation sub...

DJ said 50/50, I hope we can get him involved in some way tomorrow, we lack creativity and pace without him, i'm sure Madine will be starting come what may though, I think the question is who will partner him. I like DJ so I like to think he won't set up negative tomorrow, but who knows lol

Guest TC OWL

Don't be shocked if he goes 4-5-1......I'd personally be appalled if he did he is mr negative

I'll be very disappointed, no guttet with 4-5-1, We're at home FFS, we need to go for the jugular against a defence low on confidence. Lita & Madine to start for me too... It ain't rocket science

Guest TC OWL

I know a lot of people want Lita to start, and he's always good for a goal, but if JJ's fit, surely he has to start in behind Madine, he's been unplayable in that position, whereas on the wing he often gets lost and has to rely on other people to give him the ball to get involved.

Can't see JJ being fit, pulled up sharp against Tractor Boys, in real distress, ham strings don't heal quick at 30+, last 20 mins if we're lucky me thinks.